Spectral / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Spectral, a system integration and smart energy services company in Amsterdam, is looking for a software developer to join the control engineering team. If you can bring talent and enthusiasm, we can offer the opportunity to be a part of a game-changing team working on high-performance microgrids, smart building applications, energy control systems and other tech solutions to drive the energy transition., You will work in a team of control and power system engineers and bring software engineering expertise to the table, developing control and monitoring solutions for smart grids and renewable energy power plants. You will be the first .NET software specialist in the team. You will however, work closely with software developers from other teams as well.
An example project that you could be working on:
Virtual Power Plant platform - a turn-key solution that enables intelligent management of grid networks, distributed energy resources (DERs), and energy storage. The platform enables many DERs to be aggregated into a virtual power plant which can be deployed for the provision of energy services, such as frequency regulation. The total integrated system includes numerous components, such as: embedded energy management systems, device communication interfaces, advanced control, and optimization algorithms, physical / cyber security systems, data processing services, user interfaces (both embedded and cloud-based), sensors, and measurement systems.
Your tasks will include:
* Working with our team and third parties to develop system designs, including the definition of functional requirements, data models, architecture and specification of communication protocols
* Developing new and existing control applications
* Diagnosing and optimizing the performance of critical, high-throughput applications
* Contributing to cutting-edge innovation and R&D projects which push the boundaries of the current state of the art in smart-grids and energy management technologies
* Mentoring junior developers
Spectral is a multicultural and ambitious entrepreneurial team working together to change the world for the better, using innovative software. The business is growing fast, and we have the privilege of working with front-running clients and partners on innovative and impactful projects., Spectral develops technological solutions that unlock the value of energy storage, demand flexibility, and locally produced renewable energy, propelling the evolution of smart energy networks.Our website
Broadly, we're looking for someone who is innovative and passionate about applying technology to find optimal solutions, solving complex challenges, and is capable of adaptively working with different programming languages and frameworks.
More specifically, we are using C# to develop a number of real-time control applications that perform data logging and smart control. Our ideal candidate has a strong background in the .NET ecosystem and is comfortable with a lot of the surrounding technologies, such as Windows and Powershell, while also being familiar with IoT, SCADA and control systems.
Experience and/or knowledge of control theory and control systems is a plus, but not necessary. Your new teammates will help and guide you to acquire that domain specific knowledge.
You should have high attention to detail, be a proactive problem solver and work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Most of all, we're looking for someone who is highly motivated to join us on our mission to accelerate the sustainable energy transition. Our international team is based in Amsterdam North .
* 5+ years' relevant professional work experience
* Intimate knowledge of a high level object-oriented language, ideally C# (strong candidates in other languages will be considered)
* Familiarity with cloud-native systems (whether on AWS, GCP or Azure)
* Familiarity with automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment
* Fluent in English, spoken and written, * Familiarity with SCADA systems and relevant hardware components
* Familiarity with Smart-grids and energy systems
* Familiarity with control theory and techniques, We are a friendly and energetic team of 65+ professionals (20+ nationalities), with different ranges of experience and educational backgrounds. Some of the benefits of joining us are a competitive salary, 28 days of holidays, an individual development budget, flexible working hours and a game room for chess, table tennis and foosball. You will have space for your own ideas and personal development within a close-knit international team that celebrates successes together.