Pacmed / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Do you want to use your skills to shape the future of healthcare, and ultimately save and improve patients' lives? We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our ambitious team to extend and implement our AI based decision support software.
The recent global pandemic reminded everyone how vital Intensive Care Units are for the health of society. They've saved countless lives, and continue to do so every day. Pacmed's mission is to build digital solutions to aid Intensive Care staff in making the tough decisions they face during every shift.
Our decision support software Pacmed Critical, aims to improve patient care by augmenting real time decision flows with artificial intelligence. It's an exciting time to join Pacmed. We are extending our flag ship product Pacmed Critical which is already live at the Amsterdam UMC. On top of that, we are scaling our solutions across the Netherlands and planning for European expansion., As a Software Engineer at Pacmed you will work together with Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, and other s in your team to make sure that Pacmed's software products are of the highest quality. At Pacmed we primarily code in Python. Data Engineers develop pipelines to process large amount of data and help with productionizing our models, Data Scientists use a combination of Python scripts, Jupyter notebooks and dedicated Azure tooling to develop Machine Learning models, and the developers build Pacmed's Cloud-hosted software product (Pacmed Critical) to be used at the bedside by physicians on a daily basis. As a Software Engineer you will contribute to all those areas, and help us maintain a high quality code base and will be a vital part of our mission to transform healthcare.
On a daily basis you will:
* Collaborate with your colleagues and stakeholders to create and refine user stories
* Translate user stories in to high quality code that implement the requested features
* Build unit and integration tests to keep the codebase maintainable
* Develop in a complex codebase
* Review the work of others
* Maintain CI/CD pipelines
Why Pacmed is a great place to work
* We're a dynamic scale up on a societal mission.
* We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
* We have a talented team dedicated to helping each other grow through teamwork and collaboration in a culture where everyone is respected and heard.
* As a scale-up there are plenty of opportunities to grow your responsibilities together with the growth of the company.
* We're a team of ambitious but also fun-loving people who are committed to improving healthcare globally.
* A working environment where fun at work and social events are very important.
* A great office at the heart of Amsterdam with opportunities for part-time working.
* We believe in a flexible working model allowing for remote working and working from abroad.
* We have set aside monthly dedicated days for professional development and offer a stipend for individual development/training opportunities
* We offer the opportunity to become part of Pacmed's employee participation plan.
* An office at a great location in the heart of Amsterdam, Friday drinks, and at minimum quarterly social events!
* A BSc or MSc in Computer Science or similar
* A minimum of 1 year working experience developing in Python
* Good grasp of OOP / SOLID / design patterns
* Experience with version control / Git
* Able to make unit and integration test
* Understand the principles of SQL
* Knowledge of Spark/PySpark is a pre
* Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in Dutch is a plus, but not essential
* You fit in an ambitious and idealistic start up with an inclusive and respectful working culture where everyone's opinion is heard.
* You are a team player who creates positive energy and cares about the well-being and development of others in the company.
* You have to be eligible to work in the Netherlands (EU).