Samotics / Leiden (NL)Apply on site
Hi, we are Samotics! With our unique, AI-driven solution we help many of the world's largest industrial companies to make unplanned downtime history and reduce energy waste. Our mission? To reduce the global energy consumption by 10%! Read more about it.
We are always looking for talented Software Engineers. Are you interested in building on cutting-edge technology? Do you want to make an impact in a fast growing company? And are you ready for an acceleration in your career? Then read on!
About the team & our challenge
Software development is at the core of our organization. Together with a strong team of data scientists, a head of product and a hardware architect, our three software development teams work every day on improving our product. These three sub-teams are Edge Devices, Data Infrastructure, and Applications & Integrations.
Our product-and our data pipelines-starts with our sensors and gateways. Our Edge Devices Team ensures that our devices are reliably and securely connected to our cloud environment. As we aim to process our data close to its source, the team provides a platform on our devices where we can deploy software.
Our Data Infrastructure Team develops and manages the company's core data infrastructure, extending from our devices to the cloud. This infrastructure supports both our production systems doing real-time detections, as well as the experimentation environment that our data scientists use to improve our predictive models.
Our Applications & Integrations Team is key in providing our clients with insights into the health and performance of their machines. The team develops and manages both client-facing and internal web applications and dashboards. In addition, the team develops and manages the APIs and integrations we use to interact with our customers' systems.
These are focused, agile-working teams, currently consisting of ~3 software engineers each from a range of backgrounds and nationalities. The software department uses a practical and functional methodology, allowing them to fully focus on software engineering. We work based on the principle of freedom and responsibility. We take pride in combining professionalism, trust, and a minimal number of meetings.
We have a strong DevOps culture and a modern development process to match. We trust our teams and believe in taking end-to-end responsibility for the things we develop. We collaborate and communicate freely. We practice CI/CD, and release often. We believe the best way to manage our infrastructure is managing it as code. We therefore use Terraform to manage our AWS infrastructure. Linux is our preferred OS, and we use it both on our edge devices and in the cloud. Our main programming language is Python.
* Regardless of the role or the seniority level, we are looking for top performers who not only have excellent development skills, but also know how to use them to solve challenging problems at a high level
Conditions and benefits
* You get the chance to make an impact by working on cutting-edge technology that has the potential to reduce global energy consumption by 10%.
* A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
* Work and have fun in our custom-designed penthouse at a three-minute walk from Leiden Central, made with 90% recycled materials and with our own bar.
* Flexibility to work from home in combination with working from the company office
* Daily fresh lunches and healthy snacks when working in the office
* A lot of company events such as pub quizzes, chess tournaments and wine tastings.
* A competitive salary and holiday allowance in May
* 25 vacation days a year and generous parental leave
* 100% employer-funded pension plan
* Automatic enrolment in our Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) scheme which allows you to benefit from a potential exit event
* A travel allowance (public transport business card) and €65 net connectivity allowance per month