Picnic / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
At Picnic, we're revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you're a passionate Data Analyst, we're offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam Office and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
In a nutshell
We are looking for talented and ambitious Analysts who can assess the development of our current software products and technologies, to drive our future journey and unlock their full potential. This means you will set up and drive complex analysis and strategic tech projects. We have plenty of exciting challenges waiting for you!
You enjoy diving deep into topics and bring tech to the next level. Your analytical skills are outstanding which give you the ability to derive the right insights to make the best decisions. You combine this with an entrepreneurial mindset and pragmatism. Your curiosity and empathy enables you to work highly collaborative and engage your team members, to make sure we finish what we start with the best result.
The team you'll join will be determined during the hiring process and will take into account your interests and goals as well as where we think you would be best suited.
What you'll do
You'll work on a wide range of exciting projects, which, depending on your team, include:
* Develop cost-benefit analyses to design a scalable cloud infrastructure that fits our automation projects
* Evaluate potential of existing and emerging technologies
* Analyze development and operations of our products and technologies
* Run development projects from kick-off until launch
* Own the rapid and healthy growth of tech stack and tech team
You are truly passionate about tech products and combine first-class system thinking with a creative problem-solving mindset. As an innovator, you constantly generate your own ideas. You go beyond the easy quick wins and come up with the structural step changes and have the energy to bring them to life.
* Master's degree in Engineering, Business Information Management, Mathematics, Econometrics, Data Science, Computer Science
* Experience in data or tech driven consulting projects
* Excellent communication and project management skills
* Proficiency with quantitative and qualitative research methods
* You have worked with SQL and Python or are excited to learn
* Out-of-the-box thinking, hands-on mentality with a nothing-is-impossible mindset
Conditions and benefits
You'll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You'll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact. Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you'll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you'll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You'll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches, as well as snacks and drinks-enjoy!
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials. There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch may be a factor), but besides that, it's up to you and your team.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That's why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
* Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we'll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow)
* From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who've faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!