Tech Trainer (Python)
Picnic / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
You'll be responsible for designing and implementing Python training curriculums for our tech team. This includes topics like Python 3.10, FastAPI, but also core design patterns and clean coding practices. As a Python expert, you'll develop and teach these courses, ensuring that newcomers are getting an effective balance of theoretical knowledge and practical experience. Additionally, you'll help experienced developers to progress to the next level.
All in all, you've got the ability to dive deep into topics while also teaching them with a beginner's mind. It's a rewarding role in which you get to help others develop their knowledge and skills.
What challenges await you
* Design curricula covering our entire Python tech stack, including hands-on learning experiences
* Teach those curricula so that every newcomer can thrive from day 1
* Act as a coach for all Python developers and mentor less experienced developers
* Inspire talented engineers to learn and develop continuously
* Contribute to building a team that is growing at a rapid pace
* Possibility to combine with a software developer position
At Picnic, we're revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our affordable and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies that ensure rapid growth without missing a beat. This means we need a world-class engineering team that continuously improves itself. That's where you come in., The Picnic Tech Team consists of over 200 talented developers, each one dedicated to writing code of the highest quality that runs on infrastructure designed for scale. Our explosive growth has required us to pass on our love for clean code and scalable platforms to our many new hires. Meanwhile, our more experienced developers are itching to deepen their skills as well. Given our ambitious expansion plans, we're now looking for a Tech Trainer to take on this crucial role and really make it your own.
Do you enjoy teaching, sharing knowledge, and being part of a continuous learning environment? Do you have what it takes to build a solid curriculum and strengthen our growing Tech Academy? Then you are Picnic's next Tech Trainer!, * Master's degree in Computer Science or similar
* At least 3 years of experience as a software developer (using Python)
* At least 2 years of experience creating and giving training
* Excellent communication and teaching skills
* Ability to think outside the box and an anything-is-possible mindset
* A hands-on approach and willingness to take initiative
* Fluency in English (no Dutch required)
Do you have publicly available material? Please share it with us in your cover letter! These could be blog posts, guides, tutorials, videos, or recorded conference talks.
Conditions and benefits
* Python 3.8/3.9/3.10
* Many Python libraries across various domains
* RabbitMQ and Kafka
* PostgreSQL, MongoDB
* AWS, Helm, Terraform, Kubernetes, Vault
Hungry for more? Check out https://stackshare.io/picnic-technologies for an overview of our tech stack.
Our tech team consists of 22 product teams handling tons of innovative projects. Sharing, mentoring, and keeping our knowledge up to date is a must at Picnic: meetups, webinars, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft-skills training make sure that's taken care of.
Our modern Amsterdam office is equipped with your favourite hardware and you'll be surrounded by like-minded people-the freshly prepared lunches and barista-made coffee are pretty nice, too
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self, as well as a flexible work week and 25 days vacation. In our scale-up environment, you'll have the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact. With over 80 nationalities, we're a diverse team with plenty of awesome groups and activities to get involved with!