Web Development Lead
Beat / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
We are looking for a Web Development owner to build and lead our fast paced and transformational "websquad" team to expand and optimize Beat's web presence and its impact on business globally. As a leader of Beat's web products, you will craft a vision and lead the team in establishing a strong web presence, paramount for better availability of the Beat brand and efficiently growing market penetration. Your responsibilities include managing FTEs in developing, extending, and optimizing Beat's WordPress sites. Your stakeholders will largely be the global & local Marketing teams as well as Growth's acquisition team, but can also include Product, HR, and Marketplace Operations teams.
What you'll be doing:
* You are accountable for the Beat web presence and act as a lead and POC within the Growth and Marketing organisation to ultimately generate brand impact, market penetration, and efficient acquisition and engagement through web presence.
* You self-sufficiently craft a vision and strategy and bring all necessary stakeholders on board.
* Build and prioritize the website backlog and execute against it, always with an eye towards maximizing business impact of a world-class web presence.
* Ensure consistency in the representation of the Beat brand across the web to deliver a connected, holistic experience for our drivers and passengers
* Partner with cross functional teams such as local and global Marketing teams, Growth, Creative team, Engineering, and agencies to execute and support strategic initiatives.
Beat is the most exciting company to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, across the globe, we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world's most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Argentina.
* You have the relevant experience and knowledge to work on all aspects of several company websites, including thebeat.co.
* You have 3+ years of experience in managing and coaching teams and you have shown to be able to help develop others.
* Experiment with new frameworks and technologies contributing to the automation of tasks and bring continuous innovation to the organisation
* A strong collaborator, with very good prioritization skills to make sure resources are allocated effectively and there is alignment between company OKR's and deliverables
What you need to have:
* 3+ years of experience as a product manager or owner.
* 5+ years of experience working with WordPress, and specifically custom theme/plugin development
* You have experience in managing a team.
* Have relevant experience ideally within a mobile-first platform, ecommerce, or pure player environment
* The ability to prioritize ruthlessly and can work independently and self-sufficiently
* Fluency in English
* A builder at heart, who loves technology
* Communicate with stakeholders, receive specifications, investigate, and propose viable solutions.
Nice to Have:
* In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
* Experience with WordPress Multisite
* Experience with build tools, such as Webpack Gulp, Grunt
* Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
* Experience in using GIT and Github Actions
* A keen practitioner of coding standards and best practices
Conditions and benefits
* Competitive full-time salary
* Private Health Coverage on the Company's group program (for Greece-based employees)
* Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button (for Greece-based employees)
* Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch at a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
* Flexible working hours
* Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
* A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
* Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company