Director of Engineering: Checkout & Frontend Development
Chargebee / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Chargebee is looking for an inspirational Engineering leader for driving the Next Generation Checkout initiative to create a revolutionary checkout experience for its customers. Along with this you will also be owning the current checkout, portal, other Hosted Payment solutions, Frontend Platform that drives the Chargebee Frontend, including the in-house design system and Product Led Growth.
In this role, you would be partnering with Product Management, Business Analysts and other cross functional teams in creating an experience that will make us the market leader in the enterprise subscription business.
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, the key responsibilities include:
* As Engineering Director of Checkout and Frontend Engineering, you will build, inspire, and grow talented engineering teams that are responsible for designing and building both end user and merchant user experience for Chargebee's Subscription Management Platform.
* You will be responsible for managing the checkout experience and other hosted payment solutions that Chargebee offers.
* You will be responsible for creating and managing a scalable Frontend Platform Framework that can be consumed across the different squads in Chargebee
* You will be responsible for creating and managing the design system for Chargebee.
* You will be responsible for managing the Product Led Growth initiative.
* You will be responsible for managing product milestones, deployment cycles & delivery of the overall
Hosted Pages and Frontend Engineering roadmaps.
* You will work with product management and engineering teams to influence key decisions on
architecture and implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering solutions.
* You will be expected to bring thought leadership to advance the overall state of technology and
customer focus for the entire engineering organization.
* Directly responsible for the career advancement of the Front-End and Full stack Developers at
various stages of career growth., * If you're interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
* If you're hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
* If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
Chargebee is a subscription management platform, used by fast-growth businesses like FreshWorks, Okta, and Envoy to manage and automate their recurring billing and lifecycle operations.
* 11-15+ years of proven experience leading large teams including managers in remote and distributed product engineering setup.
* 5-8+ years of demonstrated and successful experience leading Frontend focused full stack teams in hyperscale in B2C, B2B or both.
* Accomplished practitioner of Agile and DevOps practices with experience guiding teams through planning, development, rollout and migration.
* Ability to translate technical concepts into requirements documents and user stories for Checkout, Product Led Growth and Frontend platform teams.
* Demonstrated success building culture of innovation, ownership, accountability, and customer focus
* Track record of building and scaling a SaaS product.
* Good communication and presentation skills with ability to interact with different cross-functional
teams of varying levels.
* Ability to learn new tools and paradigms in engineering, especially in the frontend technologies,
intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn.
* Solid experience in managing B2C and B2B enterprise grade Frontend systems that can work across the various browsers.
* Experience with building global scale cloud-native systems and modern tech stack: AWS, Java, Spring Framework, RESTful API, and container-based application.
* Deep understanding of the modern frontend ecosystem and industry best practices
* Experience creating/supporting production software/systems and a proven track record of
identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks for production systems.
* Ability to identify problems with requirements, identify alternatives, and help your team navigate
If this sounds interesting but you're not sure you'll tick all the boxes, apply anyway! There's tons of room to grow at Chargebee.