Industrial ioT developer
Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
By working both within Philips as well as with external medical and high-tech companies, we keep our expertise at the highest level.
You are responsible for
- Implementation, based on (reference) architecture definition, the Industrial IoT solution taking the whole E2E (data) chain into consideration.
- Develop technical solutions and deliver proof-of-concepts to demonstrate validity of the IIoT solutions
- Support the choice between make/buy decisions of parts of the solutions
- Continuously expanding the technical expertise of dedicated core competences.
You are part of
Philips Innovation Services, and within the department of Manufacturing Systems & Industry 4.0, we know that customized manufacturing processes create competitive edge and we create the bridge from idea to market for each innovation journey.
Do you have an idea that can change the world? Turning your brilliant ideas into working innovations that make life better is our drive and our deliverable.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, mechanical or electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience; must be strong and have experience in the area of .Net/C#
- 3+ years with Microsoft Azure Development
- Experience in providing IoT solutions using Azure IoT Hub, Azure IoT Edge, Docker Containers, Azure DevOps, Linux.
- Good understanding of IoT Sensor/ Gateway/ Communication networking concepts is preferred
- Act as a C# specialist and stay on top of its newest technologies
- Interest and understanding of manufacturing, in particular manufacturing equipment and processes is preferred
- Experience with integrating operation technology (OT) with enterprise IT landscape is preferred
- Experience in working in virtual project teams
- Strong communicator (writing & speech).
- Fluent in English. German or Dutch is preferred
In return, we offer you
Challenging tasks on technical interesting products. The opportunity to grow beyond initially assigned tasks/responsibilities for those with the right drive and skills. A pleasant working environment with flexible working hours.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore! Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually.
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance.
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching.
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package.
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions