Master Data Science and Entrepreneurship
TU/e Eindhoven / Eindhoven (NL)Apply on site
The Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS) offers this two-year Msc Data Science and Entrepreneurship, which truly is an interdisciplinary business-technology-analytics program. It is ideal for students eager to bring data science into effective use in business. Taught in collaboration, the MSc program synthesizes the unique key strengths of TU/e and Tilburg University: the technological know-how of Eindhoven with the business, legal and societal insights of Tilburg. This synergy ensures that we educate data science-driven entrepreneurs who have the capability to create, develop and market data technologies, conduct research, and present results in a clear, non-technical manner.
- Data science: aims at deriving actionable insights from large amounts of data, such as theories and methods for data integration, data cleaning, data mining, process mining, business analytics and data architectures.
- Entrepreneurship: involves the successful development of new business models and entrepreneurial ventures by exploiting new algorithms, models, theories, tools, and project solutions including data entrepreneurship, defining business models, fueling creativity and fostering open innovation. Supporting disciplines, including law and ethics, are also included in the MSc curriculum.
LEARN TO EXPLOIT THE DATA REVOLUTION
You will be skilled in applying the data revolution to develop innovative, value-adding and sustainable business activities within existing corporations and startups. You will learn how to translate innovative, data driven ideas into concrete project requirements, develop technological solutions, launch a business venture and assess its effectiveness. Data Scientists are able to analyze massive amounts of data, see patterns in it and convert this to new products or services which are useful for business. This requires:
- Technical expertise: you are able to analyze massive amounts of data, see patterns in it and convert this to new products or services.
- Curiosity: you desire to discover and model a problem down to a clear set of concepts (and hypotheses that can be tested).
- Creativity: you desire to look at a problem in different ways and find novel solutions.
- Communication skills: you are able to communicate effectively with different people, on divers aspects of data science. You know how to use data to tell a story.
- Social skills: you are able to collaborate with others, with similar and different backgrounds, to tackle challenging problems.
- Interest in/knowledge of Entrepreneurship: you desire to develop your entrepreneurial skills.