My stack - Software, tools & frameworks i love to work with
Visual Studio Code/Git/GitHub/Scikit-Learn
1. My full name is Princess Chihurumnaya Samuel.
2. I graduated with a B.Eng in Computer Engineering from Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Nigeria in 2023.
3. My final CGPA is 4.40 of 5.0
4. While I was a student in the computer engineering department, I maintained a consistent performance, always aiming to improve and excel in my studies. I consistently excelled in my coursework and actively sought out tech opportunities.
5. Since I graduated from MOUAU, I have been actively involved in primary, secondary and applied research, survey work and projects in AI, Data Science and Analytics, IoT/Wearables/Embedded Systems and ML. I have worked as a research assistant with Engr. Chinyere Ngwu and Engr. Dr. Chinenye Ezeh of the Department of Computer Engineering, Michael Okpara University, Umudike, where I honed my writing, technical and analytical skills. I am passionate about staying up-to-date with the latest technological advancements and participated in the 2022 UK final course project for python and apps with Code First Girls where I and my team won 1st place in the team category for our recipe search app that incorporated search algorithms and an interactive user interface to drive sustainable dietary behavior.
6. I have an undergraduate project that is currently under review for publication, supervised by Engr. Cyril Ede of the Department of Computer Engineering, Michael Okpara University, Umudike.
7. In 2019, I received the Grace Hopper Students Scholarship Award to attend the Grace Hopper's, Anitab.org 2019 conference for women in computing in Palo Alto, CA, US. Additionally, I participated in the 2021 5th Committee of Dean's in Engineering and Technology, CODET's students projects exhibition, where my team and I won third place for our projects with my project on egg incubation systems with preset and auto error intimation receiving an outstanding ovation, and supervised by Engr. Dr. Chinyere Ngwu.
The thirst for knowledge led me to complete the UK 2023 Niya Tech Scholarship program in Data Engineering on DataCamp, improving and equipping me with skills in SQL, PostgreSQL, Python, ETL, data visualization, and cloud technologies. These competencies fortify my readiness to engage in cutting-edge innovation.
8. My passions lie in using technology to solve real-world problems, and I enjoy collaborating with others to achieve common goals as well as exploring new ideas and ways to implement them. Outside of work and academics, I enjoy reading, telling stories in prose and poems, podcasting, and staying up to date with current technological events. My strengths include being an excellent problem solver, a skilled communicator, and a quick learner. I am also comfortable working independently, but I understand the importance of teamwork and enjoy contributing to group projects.
9.While I acknowledge my occasional penchant for detail, I have honed my time-management skills to strike a harmonious balance between precision and efficiency. Every challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow, and I approach these with unwavering determination.
10. I am a team-oriented person and enjoy working with others to achieve common goals. I believe that collaboration and communication are key to achieving success, and I always strive to contribute to group projects in a positive and constructive manner. At the same time, I am also comfortable working independently, which allows me to take initiative and pursue my own research interests.
11. I exude confidence in my commitment, curiosity, and unwavering eagerness to learn and evolve. As I embark on the next chapter of my journey, I am not merely seeking a role; I am actively seeking an opportunity to become an expert in my field through the work I'd do at the next company I'd be a part of.