Data Engineer Intern
Dashmote / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
* Help the data engineering team to build (implement new features/functionality) and maintain (make sure that what is there, keeps working) our data pipeline architecture;
* Help and advise our data scientist team members by assisting them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
* Help the data engineering team to implement Big Data tools to increase the efficiency of the product team.
* Be aware about the technological opportunities and threats that could affect our infrastructure., * Great office location right in the city centre of Amsterdam. We mostly work from home for now but you can have access to the office if you prefer it!
* Efficient virtual communication channels to work from home
* Working within an international team of over 65 people that truly values your contribution
* An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level
* Growing company full of opportunities & awarded by Google, McKinsey and Rocket Internet for best B2B startup in Europe
* Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of fun team team events and gatherings, even though most of the fun is virtually for now!
Dashmote is an AI technology start-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We connect the offline and online worlds by decoding the digital footprint of locations, allowing companies in the F&B industry to understand the on-trade market and make smarter and data-driven decisions.
Today, our company has offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Vienna, and New York. Over the past few years, our teams have solved a wide variety of cases, such as analyzing beer drinking and hairstyle trends by utilizing our Visual Recognition Tools, as well as identifying prospective leads by generating intelligence dashboards.
As our Data Engineer Intern in the Amsterdam office, you'll be part of our rockstar Product-team consisting of Designers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Analysts. You'll support our data engineering team in delivering high-end solutions for our clients. Besides that, we're always looking for new ways to improve our infrastructure required for optimal ETL process so a part of your role is to research and come up with ideas on how to do this.
* Currently enrolled in a university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
* Entrepreneurial minded, hands-on and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong interest in data pipelines and Big Data;
* Basic programming skills (Python/Java and SQL) and database knowledge (SQL and/or NoSQL);
* Big plus to have experience working with Hadoop, Apache Spark, Docker and/or AWS services.
* Big plus to have experience working with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins).
* Available for a minimum of 6 months preferably starting July 2021, Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NL Work Visa or NL Residency or NL Citizenship