Data Science Intern
Dashmote / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As our Data Scientist Intern, you'll be working in the Amsterdam office, as part of our Product-team consisting of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Analysts. During this internship you will support our product team in delivering data science solutions for our clients. Additionally, through your research, you will be challenged to find new ways to turn data into valuable insights., * Supporting the data science team to build machine learning models.
* Using statistical analysis techniques to understand patterns in large volumes of data, identify relationships and data clusters, detect data anomalies, and classify data sets (you'll mainly be dealing with text data and using different forms of text and Natural Language Processing-based analytics).
* Undertaking model research for investigating new features and new methodologies.
* Helping to put machine learning models in production, which will be a key part of the model lifecycle.
* Supporting the team in presenting results in a clear and organized manner.
Dashmote is an AI technology start-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We connect the offline and online worlds by decoding the digital footprint of locations, allowing our enterprise clients to understand the market and make smarter and data-driven decisions.
With a little over 60 employees, Dashmote has ambitious plans in the upcoming years and therefore we need to make sure that we have the right people in place and provide the best workplace possible. Want to grow your career and be at the forefront of innovations to unlock the potential of AI? Then we're looking for you!
Dashmote is currently seeking a Data Scientist Intern. This position is based in our headquarters in Amsterdam.
* Holding or pursuing a master's degree or equivalent degree in data science or a similar technical field.
* Ambitious in building a career as a Data Scientist.
* Have a good grasp of main statistical concepts such as data distributions and hypothesis testing.
* Have hands-on experience in Python and its main machine learning libraries such as Scikit Learn, PySpark and familiarity with text analytics libraries such as NLTK, spaCy.
* Interested in big data technologies and cloud computing
* Fast learner, hands-on and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
* Available for a minimum of 6 months, Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NL Work Visa or NL Residency or NL Citizenship. We are unable to provide VISA sponsorship.
Conditions and benefits
* Great office location right in the city centre of Amsterdam. We mostly work from home for now but you can have access to the office if you prefer it!
* Efficient virtual communication channels to work from home
* Working within an international team of over 60 people that truly values your contribution
* An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level
* Growing company full of opportunities & awarded by Google, McKinsey and Rocket Internet for best B2B startup in Europe
* Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of fun team team events and gatherings!
If this sounds like a match, we would love to hear from you!