Internship Deep Learning / Computer Vision
Thirona / Nijmegen (NL)Apply on site
Thirona is a young, fast-growing AI company with headquarters based in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. We create intuitive software based on state-of-the-art deep learning technology to aid medical specialists in their daily tasks. Since our establishment in 2014, we have developed products for the analysis of thoracic CT scans (LungQ), chest X-rays (CAD4TB), and retinal images (RetCAD). Recently we added CAD4COVID, a product for detection of COVID-19 from chest X-rays and CT scans. Our products are actively used by customers in more than 70 countries in clinical practice, screening, medical research, and drug development. Thirona has strong ties with several academic institutions worldwide.
We welcome talented MSc students with a strong technical background and an affinity to improve health care. You would be responsible for advancing part of our research endeavours during a research internship, thereby directly improving our products.
Possible internship topics are determined based on the current challenges we face, but we also welcome proposals from applicants. Some previous examples include:
* Motion artefacts detection on chest CT scans
* Coronary and aortic calcium detection and quantification on chest CT
* Automated quality check system for chest X-rays using deep learning
* Using GANs for data augmentation in chest X-ray
* You are currently pursuing a Master's degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar
* You have experience/interest in deep learning/machine learning, preferably in the field of medical imaging. Experience with Tensorflow/PyTorch is considered a plus
* You have knowledge in scientific programming with Python * You can work accurately and independently
* You are eager to learn and have a results-oriented attitude
* You are fluent in English
Conditions and benefits
* A dynamic, innovative work environment in a talented and ambitious team. With colleagues from many different nationalities and a collaborative atmosphere, we promote continuous learning and sharing knowledge on a day-to-day basis
* A unique opportunity where you can see your research come to life in actual products
The internship will be 40 hours a week for a minimum of 4 months (23 ECTS). You need to be registered as a student during the entire period of the internship, and the internship must be part of your Master's thesis or research internship involving a supervisor from your university.
Email: email@example.com, Please send your resume, grade list and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.