AI and Data Science Principal Scientist
Philips / Eindhoven (NL)Apply on site
In this role, you have the opportunity to bring Artificial Intelligence technology into Philips digital solutions and services, including machine learning (ML), deep learning, semantic reasoning, conversational and voice interfaces, recommender systems, NLP, and will lead AI and Data scientists, engineers and specialists. As we continue our digital transformation journey towards digital relevance, CTO Research needs leaders with vision and deep technical knowledge but also with an eye for business and partnering skills to drive strategic activities and groundbreaking capabilities around all aspects of Data & AI. You would have a chance to contribute to Data and Artificial Intelligence Strategy, explore new monetization models, ecosystem interactions, technology roadmaps, data governance plans to build new steps in our transformation journey.
You are responsible for:
- Bring value and impact by delivering meaningful innovations, IP, and transfers to the business that contribute to Philips growth
- Develop controls points and associated mitigation strategies to secure control points
- Identify value creation opportunities through the use of data, conduct market intelligence scans and provide key strategic insights
- Shape the innovation strategies and roadmaps together with management and the business
- Drive operational excellence in execution, working on continuous improvement and focusing on quality
- Build new proficiencies or extend existing ones that have the potential to contribute significant value to the business
- Increase business acumen in digital teams and drive a need-seeking approach
- Coach & develop less experienced researchers
- Represent Philips (Research) internally and externally on one or more competency domains
- Enable efficient & effective partner management and working relationship with businesses and functional organizations. Act as the primary liaison to Chief Architect Office and other strategic partners for the chosen value spaces and propositions
- Be a subject matter authority and key data and Artificial Intelligence evangelist across all functions that intersect the data & AI subject area
- Act as a trend watcher, bringing to bear external ideas, know-how, business partners, and suppliers, with the objective to speed up innovation for Philips
- Team-up with AI & Data Science CoE, to conduct maturity assessment and needs analysis for Data and AI Strategy
You are a part of
You are part of Philips Research (www.research.philips.com) and the AI Data Science & Digital Twin department. Our mission is to lead Philips into the Digital era through world-class innovations based on AI, Data Science and (bio)physics. The department builds on several interconnected competencies including machine learning, statistics, computer vision, signal processing, data engineering, multiphysics and biophysics. We apply and advance the aforementioned scientific subject areas and digital platforms by performing digital and data-intensive research projects to create groundbreaking innovations for Philips solutions and products.
To succeed as Principal Scientist, you should have the following skills and experience
- A MSc or PhD in computer science or another relevant area providing a good foundation in AI, computer science, mathematics, and data science (including statistics, artificial intelligence, probability theory, etc.) MBA is a plus
- Validated capabilities and demonstrated ability at least 10 years in the field of AI with 5 years in Data/Digital Transformation, experience in defining and implementing strategy in the AI/ML
- Proven experience leading the design, development and implementation of data solutions across a variety of data management platforms and architectures.
- Deep expertise in the broad area of artificial intelligence, including data-driven and knowledge-based approaches, also the ability to apply them in healthcare practice with hands-on experience in developing and implementing ML/AI algorithms.
- Affinity to the research way of working and passion for strategy, innovation, and business development
- Knowledge with a major cloud platform such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure and ML tools and Agile methodology
- Business insight and understanding of business models, ecosystems, market, and customer needs
- Ability to combine detailed insights with a helicopter view and strong analytical skills
- Excellent stakeholder management (including influencing, negotiation & networking skills) and experience in working with senior cross-functional leaders across large multi-national organizations
- Both a great teammate and able to work independently
- Able to manage uncertainties
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to
- Strong Leadership Identity, a strategic problem solver, who is results-oriented