Application Security Engineer
PwC / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
The PwC Technology and Network Information Security (NIS) team at PwC is searching for talented security and technology professionals to build out a new centre of excellence in the Netherlands. Operating on a local, regional and global scale, Network Information Security (NIS) is responsible for the definition of our security strategy to hands on execution of our global Cyber Readiness Program, moving from predominantly local to centralised services. Global Technology is responsible for driving the adoption and operation of global IT services across the organisation. If you are seeking an exciting career with the scope to grow your cyber security and technology skills through major change on a global scale, then NIS and PwC Technology will empower you to do so.
In order to execute against the PwC Technology and NIS agenda, the team is structured into the following Pillars:
- Chief Technology Risk Office (CTRO)
- Business Change Technology and Security (BCTS)
- Chief Technology Office (CTO)
- Technology and Security Operations (TSO)
- Chief Admin Office (CAO)
- Office of the Chief Information Technology Officer (OCITO)
NIS and PwC Technology are building the first global cyber security and technology function at PwC. Our mission protects 300,000 PwC members across 160 member firms worldwide as well as our global clients.
What does your work look like?
PwC’s Application Security Team is responsible for enabling PwC’s market and consumer acquisition velocity, increasing revenue generation and safeguarding PwC’s products globally.
Within this team, you will be responsible for helping the firm provide and evolve its current application security engineering practices and code review processes as well as being an innovator driven to help the firm modernize its application security practices.
Your skills and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing application security vulnerabilities and executing mitigation strategies;
- Leveraging review processes using application threat vulnerability tools, scanning techniques and/or code review results;
- Using assessments of vulnerabilities, sources of threats, and current security guidance to determine the effectiveness of mitigation plans;
- Collaborating with teams to identify opportunities and provide recommendations on how application security can be built into project development;
- Interacting with project management team members and key stakeholders on application projects;
- Reviewing application threat vulnerability assessments on application development projects;
- Implementing strategy for application threat vulnerability review and remediation;
- Identifying and documenting complex business cases to assist in gaining internal support to implement security solutions.
Who are you?
- At least 4 years of work experience in a software development field such as Software Developer, Architect, Software Quality Assurance, or Application Security Engineer;
- The ideal candidate would be 50% programmer and 50% hacker;
- Comfortable in at least one of the following development languages: C#, C++, Java, .NET, Node.js, or Python;
- Possess an understanding of application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven etc;
- Possess strong business acumen with ability to work with infrastructure engineering and operations, application development, QA and security team;
- Excellent oral/written presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively with senior executive leadership;
- Ideally you have knowledge of Agile, XP, Scrum, Kanban and understanding of Test Driven Development built on User Stories.
What can we offer you?
- Many training and courses that contribute to your personal and professional development;
- An appropriate salary and extensive employment benefits. These benefits include a 'well-being budget'. This is a personal yearly budget of €750,- that you can spend on your health, e.g., mindfulness, sports, lifestyle coaching, a second screen for your home office and noise cancelling headphones;
- Monthly internet allowance;
- A lease car or car allowance, laptop and an iPhone;
- 32 holiday days per year;
- Informal and interesting (virtual) events with colleagues
Are you interested in this vacancy and do you meet the requirements? Apply directly by clicking the button. We would like to receive your resume and cover letter. In addition, be aware that performing an assessment can be part of the application process. If you have any questions about the vacancy, please contact our Recruiter Shannon Millar (email@example.com).