Artificial Intelligence Scientist
Philips / Eindhoven (NL)Apply on site
Be part of a multidisciplinary and diverse team that focuses on the development of AI and data enablers and tools to support streamlining AI implementation in healthcare. Partner with internal business stakeholders and with top players in healthcare to create innovation and to demonstrate its value. Help identify opportunities and develop and validate end-to-end use cases with high customer impact.
You are responsible for
- The development of innovation supporting efficient data transformation and management, and the cost-effective implementation of AI solutions in a range of use cases in healthcare.
- Perform independent & industrial research, provide consultancy, and participate/define projects in the area of AI, specifically in one or more from the following: integrating knowledge-based with data-driven Machine Learning approaches, NLP, ontologies, information extraction, text generation, and advanced machine learning with different types of data such as vital signs, text, images, and health records, by enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing-in new knowledge.
- Build AI/analytical models in specific clinical use cases leveraging the core enablers and implement AI infrastructure components
- Be part of a geographically distributed, multidisciplinary and diverse team, working in a scaled agile process.
- Carry out the evaluation and validation of the solutions with business partners and clinical customers.
- Contribute to process and analyze the performance data collected during the evaluations and support creating proof-points for the technology.
You are a part of
You are part of Philips Research, Data Science department: www.research.Philips.com. Our mission is to lead Philips into the Digital era through world-class innovations based on data science. The focus of the department is on applying and advancing the automated methods used to extract new insights/knowledge from data. The department builds on several interconnected competencies including machine learning, statistics, probability models, pattern recognition, computer vision, signal processing and data engineering. We use the advances in the aforementioned scientific disciplines, as well as new digital platforms to create innovation for Philips businesses by extracting insights from various sources like health records, vital signs, environmental sensors, mobile devices, Web, and social networking sites. Next to that, security and privacy are addressed and taken into account already in the design phase of Philips digital propositions. The department plays a crucial role in digital and data-intensive research projects using these competencies.
A multidisciplinary, geographically distributed team focused on the entire product innovation cycle, from concept/idea to product. Work in a dynamic and creative environment, with a complex network of stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- An MSC or PhD in computer science with expertise in both data science and professional software development
- Solid background and hands-on work experience in data analytics and AI (good understanding of algorithm development), knowledge modelling, information extraction
- Very good software development skills (Python, Java). Experience with Amazon cloud technologies (AWS) is a plus
- At least 3 years work experience, with demonstrated ability to follow the entire process from requirements to deployment
- Affinity to the research way of working
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers to collect requirements and evaluate/validate them
- Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary and international settings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative, fast learner, able to adapt quickly to new contexts and go beyond own comfort zone, flexible.
- Drive to learn in new domains and to invest in developing good understanding of specific clinical domains of relevance for the work.
- Team player with the ability as well to work independently and follow through to provide own contribution to the team’s results. Creative problem solver.
- Very good writing and presentation skills.
We welcome you to a challenging, creative environment with outstanding opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very high-reaching and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary;
- 25 days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and mentoring;
- Excellent company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Healthy work-life balance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.