Backend developer Python
Energyworx / Houten (NL)
Who are we?
Energyworx is a rapidly growing data analytics and machine learning company, operating in a changing world of energy use. In this world, we move away from fossil fuels transitioning to a diverse Energy Mix and a change from centralized to distributed generation. People and communities care about energy efficiency and want to be engaged in reducing their environmental impact. This requires a rethink of the structure and suppleness of the Smart Grid and its systems. Data is fuelling the industry and energyworx is putting these disparate data streams and stores to use with high tech energy intelligence to solve today’s information challenges. In this way, we deliver value in days, rather than months or years. Our mission is to enable the global energy evolution in the energy industry. We therefore only work with the most talented people who share our DNA. Do you have what it takes?
What does your work entail?
As a Back-end Developer at energyworx, you build something that matters in various product development projects, focusing for example on data processing, data storage, data science or platform billing. Product development projects can be executed both on-site and at the energyworx office. Being part of our Product Development team, you work in a high-tech environment with the newest (Google Cloud) technologies, some of which aren’t even available on the market yet. Always looking out for interesting innovations, you cooperate with your team to effectively use these technologies to improve our platform and your working method.
Together with the other Product Developers, you improve and stabilize our platform in a Python environment. At the same time, you work on the development and implementation of new features and functionalities for our clients. This means you work closely together with our (international) clients, sometimes directly on location, to gain an understanding of the requirements and to design, develop, test, and implement new back-end applications (focusing on the diverse storage capabilities, data processing layers and user interfaces).
- Bachelor or Master degree (HBO/WO) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience in back-end Python programming
- Significant cloud architecture expertise, preferably on the Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of and experience with relational and time series data stores, PubSub and Cloud Dataflow
- A focus on and interest in security, performance and web protocols
- A positive but thorough attitude towards code reviews
- Ability to communicate and reason about technical design principles
- Understanding of the energy industry isn’t a must, but certainly a big plus!
- Fluent in English, both in writing as well as verbally
- Out of the box thinking
- Solution oriented and customer focused
- Flexible in working hours & attitude
What do we offer?
A fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment! Surrounded by talented people who challenge you, with room for fun during work. We encourage you to take ownership, be creative so you can learn, experiment and develop yourself by continuously working with the best technologies and solutions. At energyworx we are shaping the future together!
For more information, you can take a look at: https://www.energyworx.com/jobs/?job=118765