Connecterra / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
* Provides direct value to farmers and enterprises
* Collaborate with the Data Science team by providing them with quality data and delivering their models' output to customers via application services.
* As part of the team, you will contribute to the why (roadmap), what (story review), how (detailed design and architecture) and when (work estimation, deadlines etc.) as we build the product plans
* Level-up your craft via design discussions, code reviews and pair programming, participating in an environment of collaboration and innovation
* Provide Tier 3 support (identify, troubleshoot, fix and workaround) for applications and services - you own your code!
* Write applications that are modular, well tested and easy to maintain
* Develop, deploy and maintain back-end services and APIs, for internal or external use
Connecterra is a diverse team of pioneers working to solve one of the hardest challenges the planet faces today: Agriculture Efficiency. We are the proud inventors of Ida, a digital assistant for farmers that uses data and machine learning to help support farmers and their stakeholders improve farm efficiency.
Ida has demonstrated that she can help improve productivity by over 20% and is growing rapidly.. Learn more about Ida here.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, we operate in 18 countries globally. Check out our press coverage and Ida growth track record.
We seek only the best and brightest who have a hunger to excel in their craft and will make a positive & unique addition to our culture and team. Your attitude and commitment to working as a part of this team to come up with new ideas, solve problems and deliver results is what matters most to us.
Our team is highly motivated, engaging, fun and supportive. We work as a team but hold each other accountable to our responsibilities.
We offer you a platform to do the best work of your life, be involved with an interesting product and part of a unique, diverse and collaborative environment, your genuine desire to be an integral part of our mission means a lot to us.
You're our Backend Engineer:
As a Backend Engineer you will help design, implement, and maintain a secure and tested application, frequently liaising with other teams across multiple disciplines. You're a self-starter / self-motivator who doesn't require micromanagement while being flexible and a multitasker and innate ability to keep a cool head and open to working in a start-up environment. If you are a skilled coder and a fast learner who thrives in challenging environments and has a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem-solving, read on!, * Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
* 2+ years of experience in software engineering, including:
* Familiarity with back end / web service frameworks (C# / .NET preferred, Python a plus)
* Design and use of RESTful APIs (OData desirable) and Cloud-based microservices leveraging queues and serverless functions with state caching (Azure preferred)
* Relational and non-relational databases (SQL Server, MongoDB)
* MVC and ORM paradigms (EntityFramework desirable)
* Modern unit testing and CI/CD practices, ideally in the context of complex multi-repo code bases
* Microservice principles of Service Discovery, CQRS/Event Sourcing, Distributed Tracing, and Service Integration Testing are a plus
* Team player who challenges assumptions, identifies blind spots, and constantly levels up their craft
* Resourceful, proactive, and constructive when faced with incomplete requirements and multiple priorities
* Thirst for knowledge, a can-do attitude, and a willingness to learn from mistakes!
Conditions and benefits
Every day we work hard on making the world a better place, thus the happiness and well-being of our team members is important to us. We currently offer the following:
* A diverse, open minded and creative working environment where all are welcome.
* Competitive package
* Flexible working hours and vacation policy - we trust you and your time is yours to own. Work in an environment and on a schedule that suits you and your team best & enjoy unlimited holiday days
* Quarterly company-wide Selfie Day - take a day on us to relax, do what you need to do to stay mentally healthy!
* The opportunity to play a vital role in an exciting start-up - we welcome your voice & input
As we grow as a company this list will also grow.