Flow Traders / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Build Engineer to join our growing QA team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
A Day In The Life
At the start of the day go over the current status of our build infrastructure - we are currently in the process of improving our monitoring and alerting systems for the build landscape so we might need to make improvements or adjustments in order to keep everything running smoothly.
After we catch up with the ongoing tasks and issues at the stand-up, we will start or continue with our tasks. These can be anything ranging from helping teams to build their Java or C++ projects - where we provide them with extra functionality for the build process using Bash and Python scripting, to automating the configuration and setup of the build agents - where we work with Ansible and VMWare tools, to trying to help the Quants' team to join the building pipeline by using automated building of their projects. As there are many areas to cover, your breath of knowledge will be an asset, going from general system administration, to virtualization, monitoring, to compilers and beyond.
As we can consider ourselves providing code build services for many other teams, you will encounter interruptions during the day to provide help, ideas, or suggestions for a plethora of projects and tasks - these will involve our own tools and many Atlassian products.
What You Will Do
You will be responsible for automating the build and deployment process throughout the build system:
- Manage the build process for multiple concurrent releases
- Design and configure continuous integration build system through collaboration with development and IT teams
- Participate in deployment & configuration of the application as needed
- Set-up code-review process and tooling in the CI
- Automate set up of test environments
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need To Succeed
- BSc in Computing Science or a technical degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with build set ups for Java or C++ applications is a bonus
- Strong knowledge of Linux environment
- Experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with GIT