Flow Traders / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Build Engineer to join our growing Product Development team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
A Day In The Life
At the start of the day go over the current status of our build infrastructure - we are currently in the process of improving our monitoring and alerting systems for the build landscape so we might need to make improvements or adjustments in order to keep everything running smoothly.
After we catch up with the ongoing tasks and issues at the stand-up, we will start or continue with our tasks. These can be anything ranging from helping teams to build their Java or C++ projects - where we provide them with extra functionality for the build process using Bash and Python scripting, to automating the configuration and setup of the build agents - where we work with Ansible and VMWare tools, to trying to help the Quants' team to join the building pipeline by using automated building of their projects. As there are many areas to cover, your breath of knowledge will be an asset, going from general system administration, to virtualization, monitoring, to compilers and beyond.
As we can consider ourselves providing code build services for many other teams, you will encounter interruptions during the day to provide help, ideas, or suggestions for a plethora of projects and tasks - these will involve our own tools and many Atlassian products.
What You Will Do
You will be responsible for automating the build and deployment process throughout the build system:
* Manage the build process for multiple concurrent releases
* Design and configure continuous integration build system through collaboration with development and IT teams
* Participate in deployment & configuration of the application as needed
* Set-up code-review process and tooling in the CI
* Automate set up of test environments
* Other duties as assigned
* At least 7+ years' experience in a similar positions
* Strong scripting skills (Python, Bash, etc.)
* Strong knowledge of Linux environment
* Extensive experience developing CI/CD pipelines
* Administration experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
* Experience with artifacts repositories: Artifactory, Nexus
* Familiar with Agile Methodologies: SCRUM, Kanban
* Knowledge of DevOps Tools and Platforms: Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
* Experience with GIT
* Experience with build set ups for Java or C++ applications is a bonus
* Good leadership and communication skills
Conditions and benefits
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
* Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
* Our own company boat
* In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
* In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
* Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
* Weekly chair massages
* Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year, such as the Year End Party that exceeds expectations
* Global rotations between our offices worldwide
* and more!
As we are unable to invite you over to our office, we would like to give you a virtual office tour!
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
+31 020 799 6799