Business Analyst and Services Research Scientist
Philips / Eindhoven (NL)Apply on site
In this role, you have the opportunity to work at the front-end of digital innovation by contributing to new data-enabled service propositions which will advance our transformation towards becoming a service and solution driven company. With your understanding for business and customer needs, you translate data into meaningful insights that help to expand our business revenues related to customer experience management and / or professional services. As an agile team member you apply your skills at the intersection of business and data analytics, value proposition creation and service innovation.
You are responsible for
* Executing the Services Innovation roadmap within your agile team by delivering state-of-the art know-how, investigating new methods and knowledge relevant to your area of Services Innovation. (research scientist)
* Engaging with customers and markets, closely collaborating with our internal Philips business partners. You establish the user requirements and success metrics to ensure our innovation is driven to success for our customers. (deployment manager)
* Translating business and customer / user needs into meaningful insights based on your understating of supporting data (and vice versa). Creating evidence for customer value generation through co-creation with customers, markets, and businesses. (business analyst)
* Developing strong outcome-driven value propositions in the area of services by representing the voice of customer and business in your team. Validating hypotheses with customers and users in the business and / or market. (business / value proposition developer)
* Collaborating with the multidisciplinary team members and contributing to managing the diverse stakeholders as a linking pin between the specialists in your team (data scientist, SW developers, subject matter experts, etc.) and the stakeholders in the market and / or business.
* Developing a T-shaped profile: Keeping abreast of developments in own field of expertise through outside-in scouting, key contacts, and study of relevant literature as well as monitoring and analyzing important trends and customer needs. Expanding your knowledge in other areas of expertise relevant to your agile team.
* Contributing to the competency area of service innovation in Philips with your expertise.
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we're dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
The Hospital Services & Informatics department combines deep multidisciplinary expertise in order to drive technical, clinical and business model innovation. Deep understanding of unmet clinical needs and of the evolving Healthcare systems provide the basis for such innovation. Products, software and services are combined into broader solutions spanning across multiple stages of the care continuum. Prototypes are developed and evaluated together with clinical collaborators in an agile approach. Tight collaboration with other R&D departments, local markets, and Philips Services & Solutions Delivery Business ensures translation into commercial offerings and an economy of scale.
You will be based at Philips Research Eindhoven, The Netherlands, and report directly to the Team Lead Services Innovation and functionally into one of our Services Innovation Value Streams., In return, we offer you a career path where you have the exceptional opportunity to develop and deliver meaningful, state of the art (digital) solutions in the Healthcare space. Philips is growing its innovation capability company wide. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long-term career, in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer bold health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* (A T-shaped profile with) an academic degree in Business or Health economics with proven know-how in analytics OR
an academic degree in Data analytics with proven ability to work in business and / or customer related functions.
* Working experience in the area of Healthcare / HealthTech or in another scaled service-related industry is an advantage.
* Research and Innovation mentality: You enjoy working at the front-end of innovation. You are able to explore new topics, by deep diving into the data as well as the details of the solution when necessary, linking this to the customer needs and completing the bigger picture of the services proposition.
* Need-seeker mindset: You have the ability to gather customer insights and understand value from the perspective of the business and the customer. You apply outcome-based thinking to understand customer KPIs and drive innovation into success operations for the customer.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Your team spirit and stakeholder management skills enable you to build engaging relationships with healthcare professionals, key partners in markets and businesses across Philips as well as within your project team.
* Affinity with an agile way of working.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Dutch, German or French language skills are an advantage.