CUDA Performance Computing Scientist
Philips / Eindhoven (NL)Apply on site
In this role, you have the opportunity to investigate new technologies, apply them and create innovative solutions in areas like image-guided therapy, personal health, precision diagnosis, connected care or similar applications, based on your software creation, optimization and artificial intelligence capabilities.
You are responsible for
* Creating value and impact by delivering meaningful innovations, IP, and transfers to the business that contribute to Philips growth;
* Applying operational excellence in execution, working on continuous improvement and focusing on quality;
* Maintaining deep knowledge of technical developments in your field through study of the literature and technical contacts;
* Building new competencies and extending existing ones that have potential to contribute significant value to the business;
* Contribute actively to a creative and inspiring working environment;
* Drawing up your personal schedule and report on progress in a structured and methodical way;
* Representing Philips Research within the company on one or more competency domains.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
* At least a master's degree in computer science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or a comparable subject; PhD- an advantage
* Thorough knowledge of computer architectures and solid experience with optimizing code for GPUs, CPUs, DSPs, microcontrollers and (multicore) processors
* In-depth knowledge of CUDA/openCL/C++ and related programming languages
* Knowledge of software programming and designing and optimizing algorithms, e.g., for artificial intelligence, data analytics, data science and signal processing
* Experience with profiling tools such as Nsight Systems and Vtune- Advantage
* Understand real-time and resource constraint system design
* An analytical and abstract mind that ensures you understand applications and technologies in depth;
* A pragmatic approach in doing fast and effective evaluations of technologies and concepts by creating prototypes;
* Doing industrial research and working in an academic environment
* Mathematical software environments like Python or Matlab
* Healthcare and/or well-being applications