Cyber Threat Response Analyst
PwC / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
The PwC Technology and Network Information Security (NIS) team at PwC is searching for talented security and technology professionals to build out a new centre of excellence in the Netherlands. Operating on a local, regional and global scale, Network Information Security (NIS) is responsible for the definition of our security strategy to hands on execution of our global Cyber Readiness Program, moving from predominantly local to centralised services. Global Technology is responsible for driving the adoption and operation of global IT services across the organisation. If you are seeking an exciting career with the scope to grow your cyber security and technology skills through major change on a global scale, then NIS and PwC Technology will empower you to do so.
In order to execute against the PwC Technology and NIS agenda, the team is structured into the following Pillars:
* Chief Technology Risk Office (CTRO)
* Business Change Technology and Security (BCTS)
* Chief Technology Office (CTO)
* Technology and Security Operations (TSO)
* Chief Admin Office (CAO)
* Office of the Chief Information Technology Officer (OCITO)
NIS and PwC Technology are building the first global cyber security and technology function at PwC. Our mission protects 300,000 PwC members across 160 member firms worldwide as well as our global clients.
What does your work look like?
The Cyber pillar within NIS is responsible for the following services:
* Cyber Service Transition
* Cyber Service Management
* Cyber Defence
* Cyber Threat Management
* Security Operations
* Identity and Access Management (IAM)
If you love security technology this is the place to be. Within Cyber we work closely with SAEIT to deliver implemented technology into our central service environment, taking care in integrating solutions and driving operational excellence to deliver the maximum value to our customer, the PwC network of firms. From here the focus is on the utilisation of enterprise security products in order to proactively gather cyber threat intelligence, hunt potential malicious actors across our network, conduct forensics analysis, and provide rapid response to potential cyber security incidents.
You will be part of the Threat response team. Your team, consisting of 38 colleagues, is responsible for building a system that will provide more assurance that incidents, no matter how small, are managed quickly and by the right personnel.
Your skills and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Building solid relationships with stakeholders and colleagues
* Delivering clear requests for information
* Acting as an escalation point for junior members
* Performing research using available tools and methodologies
* Analyzing data and presenting findings to colleagues
* Developing an awareness of Firm and NIS services, * Many training and courses that contribute to your personal and professional development
* An appropriate salary and extensive employment benefits. These benefits include a 'well-being budget'. This is a personal yearly budget of €750,- that you can spend on your health, e.g., mindfulness, sports, lifestyle coaching, a second screen for your home office and noise cancelling headphones
* Monthly internet allowance
* A lease car or car allowance, laptop and an iPhone
* 32 holiday days per year
* Informal and interesting (virtual) events with colleagues
* At least 4 years of work experience in a similar role
* Knowledge in computer networking, operating systems (both Windows and Unix based operations systems), and virtualization (cloud and on-premise)
* SOC/Incident Response core skills including security event review, log analysis, host analysis, email analysis, and network analysis
* Understanding of investigative theory and best practices for effective analysis
* Exercises sound judgment in identifying security incidents that require follow-up response or escalation
* Strong knowledge of the Cyber Kill Chain Framework and working familiarity of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
* Motivation to learn and grow in training junior analysts
Are you interested in this vacancy and do you meet the requirements? Apply directly by clicking the button. We would like to receive your resume and cover letter. In addition, be aware that performing an assessment can be part of the application process. If you have any questions about the vacancy, please contact our Recruiter Shannon Millar (firstname.lastname@example.org).