Data & AI Innovation Portfolio Lead
Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Philips needs a clear and ambitious Data Strategy (including AI/algorithms to translate data into actionable insights, automation and optimization), as well as the related Governance, Enablers, Competencies, Platforms and Practices, which is why the topic is now one of the Group Imperatives 2021-2024 “Embrace Data & AI in our business at scale”.
Some good foundational work is in place already, but current course and speed are not enough, as this topic will touch in the end all activities and functions of the company. A strong central coordination and transformation leadership is required, to ensure a consistent definition and execution of the approach to become excellent in this field in an appropriate “data and AI savvy” way, in line with our published Data and AI Principles and the Philips Business System.
You are responsible for
- Be a strong advocate of data & AI value propositions and help sharpen business case impact. Develop archetypes of Data Strategy use cases (e.g. guidelines for Data & AI enabled new business models, blueprints for customer value journey, creating and driving plans for Quadruple Aim proof points, etc)
- Act as a portfolio manager to ensure next best use case prioritization to ensure value maximization for Philips. Lead this effort across multiple clusters, tapping into a wide variety of enablers provided in a matrix setup.
- Align closely with cluster strategies and business development initiatives, be a liaison to markets to scout future customer needs.
- Gather data & AI related common requirements. Specify that it includes both aspects – managing Data as an asset and leveraging AI/Analytics to translate data into Value. This will support in clearly determining strategic control points for Philips (where we own, where we share, where we need partners)
- Oversight and tracking on use case execution and help clear impediments in running use cases. Report on the progress of the portfolio with an agreed frequency on quality, status, time, and money to the stakeholder network.
- Responsible for formulating the overall portfolio and keeping track of use case plans on cluster / use case level.
- Define the risks of the use case portfolio and develops scenarios to overcome these risks.
- Ensure that there is an effective transfer and archiving of the use case results and the associated knowledge.
- Builds and maintains the project organization, determining the ways of working, and defining key interfaces.
- Partner up effectively with I&S, BG/Cluster, Markets and Functions to ensure E2E use case is realizable.
You are a part of
The position is established within the Global Data & AI CoE, with engagement in all Data & AI initiatives across the various Clusters (Personal Health, Precision Diagnostics, Image-Guided Therapy and Connected Care) and Functions (Marketing, Services, etc.). The position will work closely with the Data & AI innovation leads to explore new business opportunities, guide use case definition, monitor use case delivery and contribute to a successful go-to-market.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Masters Degree in Information/Data/IT management or in a technical/functional/clinical area such as Computer Science or Engineering.
- Strong track record in both management and professional roles in the field of Data (Science) & AI.
- Experience with Business Model innovation, particularly related to Data & AI Propositions.
- A minimum of 15 years experience, with 7-10 years in Data/Digital Transformation
- Inspirational, empowering and inclusive leadership qualities with strong cultural awareness and attitude of agility
- Excellent structuring, analytics and quantitative skills, and outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Proven affinity with managing complex innovation initiatives in a business environment, leading several professional teams of different technological areas
- Display strong content and technology knowledge, as recognized in the field of digital transformation
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and evolving organization, leading change and initiating the transformation
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements (e.g. CFR 830 FDA UDI Management Systems and related FDA GUDID UDI core data and EUDAMED Database and related device master data requirements and related economic operator requirements) (preferred)
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Embrace the unexpected
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.