Data & AI Strategist
Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Philips is one of the largest Health technology companies in the world. Every day we connect millions of people to our offerings generating terabytes of data. Our purpose is to help improve people’s health and wellbeing through meaningful innovation. We want to help drive the transformation of healthcare to achieve this. The relentless progression of digital technologies, such as the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence will be the key enabler for this transformation. As we continue our digital transformation journey towards digital relevance, Philips Personal Health Cluster needs a leader to drive strategic activities and ground-breaking capabilities around all aspects of Data & AI (Artificial Intelligence). This includes but is not limited to development of Data and AI Strategy, explore new monetization models, orchestrate ecosystem play, technology road-maps, develop and establish data governance and associated implementation plans to bring the transformation journey to fruition.
You are responsible for
- Work at the intersection of Group strategic objectives and the data, analytics and AI strategies required to enable the transformation for chosen value spaces and propositions
- Identify value creation opportunities using data, conduct market intelligence scans and provide key strategic insights
- Develop controls points and associated mitigation strategies to secure control points
- Abreast with the latest developments in the area of data and AI strategies, management and ecosystem play
- Define, implement and monitor metrics and key performance indicators for Data & AI Strategy maturity and ensure continued strategic alignment with short and long-term business objectives
- Be an authority in this domain and a key data and AI evangelist across all functions that intersect the data & AI discipline
- Development of potential solution directions and requirements for people, processes and technology to support business outcomes
- Enable efficient & effective partner management and working relationship with businesses and functional organizations. Act as the primary liaison to Chief Architect Office and other strategic partners for the chosen value spaces and propositions
- Establish and be responsible for key data & AI strategy initiatives. Identify and manage risks, changes, issues and scope. Orchestrate mitigation through relevant partners and governance processes.
- Present recommendations, secure buy-in for the strategies, and associated implementation plan to effectuate change from cross-functional and Business management.
- Team-up with AI & Data Science Center of Excellence, to conduct maturity assessment and needs analysis for Data Strategy, including Enablers, Competencies, Platforms and Practices for chosen value spaces and propositions leveraging upon the Group data strategy framework.
You are a part of
You are part of the Personal Health Innovation team reporting to Personal Health Data Strategy & AI leader. The job is based in Amsterdam with some flexibility while visiting the sites in the Netherlands, US, China and India.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s Degree in Information/data or in a technical/functional area such as Computer Science or Engineering. MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, of which 5- 8 years in Data/Digital Transformation
- Experience in defining and implementing strategy in the AI/ML (machine learning) and e-commerce domains.
- Experience developing and implementing ML/AI algorithms.
- Knowledge with a major cloud platform such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure and ML tools
- Demonstrated experience managing the design, development and implementation of data solutions across a variety of data management platforms and architectures.
- Demonstrated experience with relational data warehouse design and management, with modern data architectures and technologies including Hadoop, Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge of Agile Development, continuous integration and automation testing.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and simultaneously work on multiple activities.
- Fluent grasp of the digital technologies, ecosystems and business models
- Passion for strategy, innovation, and business development
- Passion for cultivating long-term relationships with key partners and manage priorities
- Network and history of successful work with senior cross-functional leaders across large multi-national organizations
- Strong Leadership Identity being a strategic thinker, results oriented, an effective communicator, a self-starter and able to operate with minimal direction
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long-term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.