Flow Traders / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing Data team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
Data Engineers at Flow Traders are responsible for maximizing the value of our data. You will develop and maintain our data infrastructure and data intensive applications. Working closely with Quantitative Traders and Fundamental Analysts, you will make data available, performant and accessible, choosing the right technology for the task.
What You Will Do
- Develop and maintain data infrastructure and data intensive applications
- Create insights and make data available, accessible and performant for business
- Work closely with Business, helping Quantitative Traders and Fundamental Analysts
- Support operations with deployment and configuration of data infrastructure
A Day In The Life
A typical day for a Data Engineer is a blend of short cycle maintenance and ongoing development work. It starts with checking the data monitoring systems for alerts and deciding what needs immediate attention, or can picked up in the next development cycle. From there you will attend a stand-up meeting with your team. This is an opportunity to catch up on progress of development, raise problems and discuss plans for the rest of the day.
What You Need To Succeed
- Strong background in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- SQL, Spark, Python, Java
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience with streaming data processing
- Experience working closely with Data Scientists and Data Analysts
- Linux expertise
- Maven, Git
- Atlassian stack:
- Bitbucket for code review. We do all work in pull requests, which are reviewed by other developers
- Bamboo for continuous integration
- JIRA, Confluence