Data Platform Engineer
Dashmote / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As a Data Platform Engineer you will participate in the development of Dashmote's new generation of data pipelines, responsible for shaping data from multiple sources, operating ML models and delivering insights to our BI product. You will be part of the Data Product team whose purpose is to ensure that our data goes from beginning to end while complying with quality standards and guaranteeing that the necessary infrastructure is built underneath.
The Product Department consists of Designers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Analysts collaborating together from cities like Amsterdam and Shanghai (or currently from home). Dashmote's main goal is to provide a fully automated data & analytics solution for clients to help them to win more business on a global scale.
* Develop Python components that support the team in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader. Participate in designing, implementation and troubleshooting of our data products.
* Build the required infrastructure to support the team's production jobs and development initiatives using AWS technologies.
* Sharing knowledge through code review, presenting, and training.
* Advise and provide support to junior engineers.
Dashmote is an AI technology start-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We connect the offline and online worlds by decoding the digital footprint of locations, allowing companies in the F&B industry to understand the on-trade market and make smarter and data-driven decisions.
Today, our company has offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Vienna, and New York. Over the past few years, our teams have solved a wide variety of cases, such as analyzing beer drinking and hairstyle trends by utilizing our Visual Recognition Tools, as well as identifying prospective leads by generating intelligence dashboards.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field.
* Minimum of 2-5 years' relevant data engineering experience.
* Experience with Python, AWS, and container technologies (Docker).
* Good understanding of (non-)relational databases, and data warehousing concepts.
* Exposure to devops environments with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI, etc.) and infrastructure as code (e.g. Cloudformation, Terraform, etc.);
* Experience with Airflow is a big plus.
* Full time availability., Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NL Work Visa or NL Residency or NL Citizenship.
Conditions and benefits
* Great office location right in the city center of Amsterdam. We mostly work from home for now but you can have access to the office if you prefer it!
* Flexible holiday policy: you are entitled to our unlimited paid time off.
* Efficient virtual communication channels to work from home
* Working within an international team of over 65 people that truly values your contribution
* Growing company full of opportunities & awarded by Google, McKinsey and Rocket Internet for best B2B startup in Europe
* An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level
* Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of birthday treats, monthly team events and weekly Friday company catch-ups, even though most of the fun is virtually for now!
* Your own Company Laptop
If this sounds like a match, we would love to hear from you!