Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Amazon is quickly disrupting the retail business. It becomes increasingly challenging to navigate through myriads of business metrics and make decisions at required pace. Predictive/Prescriptive analytics and automation becomes crucial for Vendors to stay competitive on the platform and drive sustainable sales growth.
The Global Amazon team at Philips is looking to hire a dedicated Data Scientist to enhance our analytics E2E value chain through building predictive/prescriptive analytics capabilities. The core remit of this role is to translate ambiguous business questions and concerns into specific quantitative questions, specify data requirements and use sound methodologies to deliver actionable insights and foresights.
- Understand the business reality underneath data & metrics, and develop meaningful solutions comprising of analytics as well as business management
- Refine customer requirements into problem definitions and objectives
- Extract data from various sources, bring them together, and construct simple or complex analyses as required to solve the business problem
- Innovate by adapting new modeling techniques and procedures
- Communicate the analysis results to business teams in non-technical language
- Collaborate with EIM team (Enterprise Information Management) to translate successful prototypes into re-usable predictive and prescriptive solutions, and scale across markets and businesses
- Avoid bringing unnecessary complexity to the system, meaning don’t use bazooka to kill a rat
this role sits within the Amazon Global team at Philips Domestic Appliances, and report to Amazon Analytics Lead. The role interacts internally with business stakeholders and analytics experts.
We are looking for someone with
- Passion for working with different data sets and bringing them together to solve business problems.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics
- 4+ years' of experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, R) and data querying languages (e.g. SQL). Working knowledge of Azure is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot, Lookups, match-index etc.)
- 4+ years’ of hands-on experience with multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems (e.g. statistical analysis, machine learning techniques etc.)
- [Preferred] Previous experience in Data Scientist role with a retail or e-commerce company. Knowledge of Amazon Brand Analytics datasets is a plus.
- Good written & verbal communication skills to convey rigorous mathematical concepts to non-experts.
Job grade and location
- Grade 60 in Amsterdam