SciSports / Amersfoort (NL)Apply on site
SciSports is a world-leading football analytics company that aims to enrich the world of football with data intelligence. Leveraging cutting-edge machine learning and software engineering techniques, SciSports transforms the huge volumes of complexly-structured data that are collected during football matches into actionable insights that drive value for football professionals and fans. By computing state-of-the-art football metrics for over 2,000 matches each week, SciSports provides actionable insights for over 75,000 football players around the world via a multitude of interfaces, including a web platform and APIs.
The SciSports Platform is pivotal in exposing our award-winning, in-house-developed football metrics and insights to football organizations, media companies and betting companies. The data pipeline involves ingesting large amounts of football data from a diversity of sources, enriching and serving the data after intense data crunching using machine-learning techniques, and delivering the data and resulting insights to a web platform and customer-facing APIs.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Implement and maintain UI features in the Single Page Application
- Advanced visualisation metrics and analytics
- Maintain and update the Style Guide
- Continuously improve code base
- Add write Unit and End2End tests
- Discuss new UI features with UX / UI designer
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a bright Frontend Engineer with a passion for developing, improving, and maintaining our platforms. You will work in a young and passionate team that is committed to transforming the world of football. You are open to new ideas and cutting-edge technologies. You have at least four years of experience with developing and maintaining platforms.
- VueJS or ReactJS
- CSS (Sass)
- Jest (or other unit testing frameworks like Jasmine)
- Linting (like ESLint or Stylelint)
- D3, Vega, WebGL
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Challenging and varied position within a professional and innovative organization;
- Extensive opportunities for personal development;
- Informal, no-nonsense corporate culture;
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Joint lunch and fun Friday afternoon drinks!