Head of Data Transformation – IGT-S
Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
As we continue our journey towards digital relevance, Philips Image Guided Therapy Systems (IGT-S) needs a collaborative leader to drive strategic activities and transformational capabilities around all aspects of data. This includes but is not limited to definition, creation, traceability, connectivity, integration, performance, and enablement for new business.
The Head of Data Transformation works in partnership with peer roles in the IGT Cluster, as well in the IGT Devices Business to execute the IGT Data Strategy, Roadmap, and Capability Plan. This role focuses on cross-Functional and cross-Business intersections, driving the specific data needs of the IGT Systems Business. As required to build our overall Philips Data Strategy and better serve our customers in a seamless manner, there will also be interactions with external to IGT organizations (eg. Centers of Excellence, Working Groups, Enterprise Information Management).
Additionally, the Head of Data Transformation leverages and builds the IGT Data community, which is comprised of every member of IGT. This community is enabled through organizational expectations, roles and responsibilities across all functions, and the intersection with our Philips and IGT Data Steercos.
Solid foundational work is in place already, but current course and speed are not enough, as this topic will touch in the end all activities and functions of the company. A strong central coordination and transformation leadership is required, to ensure a consistent definition and execution of the approach to become excellent in this field in an appropriate “data and AI savvy” way, in line with our published Data and AI Principles and the Philips Business System.
- Carry out a maturity assessment and needs analysis of Data Strategy, including Enablers, Competencies, Platforms and Practices in a number of important application domains
- Formulate counter measures for gaps, both strategic and operational
- Create the Data Vision, Strategy, Roadmap, and Capability Plan, in collaboration with IGT Cluster and IGT Devices Data Transformation leaders
- As part of the objectives, identify and prioritize carriers to help drive the change after establishment (integral value propositions, architectures, capabilities/skill sets). Work alongside IGT Systems MT and across functions to activate carriers.
- Define objectives and KPI’s related to the Strategy, including goal cascading to Business and Functions
- If required, engage with external advisors for specific topics and external bench marking if required.
After establishment, the expectation will be that work streams and capabilities are driven according to execution plans, bringing them to life through staff within our Businesses and Cluster. As the organization and our business transforms, so will our data maturity, the role, and possibly the team which supports the leader.
You are a part of the IGT Systems Leadership team, where you join the LT as a member of the team which is accountable to drive the perform and transform capabilities of the IGT Systems Business. You will be an active contributor to settling the focus and pace of our transformation initiatives, as well as in looking for the connection points with other staff members who are also driving transformation across our Business and Cluster.
The position is established within the Image Guided Therapy Business staff, with oversight of the Image Guided Therapy Systems eco-system. As such, you will team up with the Systems functions such as Innovation, R&D, Q&R, and Marketing.
In addition, the Leader will work closely with the following teams/CoE across Philips as appropriate:
- Information Security
- Solution Transformation
- Data and AI CoE and Digital Research
- Chief Architect Office
- Data Strategy & Governance Program and SteerCo
- Other Businesses and Clusters including, Connected Care, Precision Diagnosis, and Clinical Informatics
- Enterprise IT Data Strategy and Governance
- DMEC Insights and Analytics
- Group Strategy and M&A (also linking to the topic of Ecosystem Strategy)
- Innovation 2025 Program
We are looking for
The qualifications and experience we seek from the ideal candidate include:
- Masters Degree in Information/data or in a technical/functional/clinical area such as Computer Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, with 5- 8 years in Data/Digital Transformation
- Inspirational, empowering and inclusive leadership qualities with strong cultural awareness and attitude of agility
- Excellent structuring, analytics and quantitative skills, and outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Proven affinity with managing complex innovation initiatives in a business environment, leading several professional teams of different technological areas.
- Display strong content and technology knowledge, as recognized in the field of digital transformation
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and evolving organization, leading change and initiating transformation
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements (e.g. CFR 830 FDA UDI Management Systems and related FDA GUDID UDI core data and EUDAMED Database and related device master data requirements and related economic operator requirements) (preferred)
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to an ambitious, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore! Our benefits are very competitive and crafted around your preferences:
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually.
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance.
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching.
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package.
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Embrace the unexpected
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.