Head of Data
Secfi / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Secfi is trusted by thousands of startup employees for equity planning and financing. We're the first to provide a proprietary suite of equity planning tools, 1:1 guidance with licensed equity strategists and a set of financing products that enable employees to own a stake in the company they helped build. We also provide company-wide education for startups at all stages to help their team make the best decision for their own situation. Currently, we have worked with employees from more than 80% of all U.S. unicorns.
Working for a startup is like building a plane already flying in the air. It's messy, it's exciting, and you are constantly learning. Our core values - customer focus, perseverance, action, ownership, diversity and team - are embedded in everything we do.
The engineering team owns all of technology within Secfi. Our engineers organize in chapters for each discipline, in which all members help each other with personal and professional growth. Each chapter has a lead who supports the engineers and is responsible for one on ones, career path planning, hiring and the chapter's culture. Secfi's product owners pitch projects that are then tackled by squads formed from the chapters.
Cross-cutting concerns are addressed in our dedicated "Communities of Practice": Self-managed groups of engineers with a strong interest in a particular field. We are proactive problems solvers who love cooperation and open feedback and who actively seek out help when needed.
Head of Data, We're seeking our first Head of Data to join the team. You will be responsible for the creation of new data sciences capabilities for the business by envisioning and executing strategies that will influence the improvement of the business's performance by enabling informed decision making. You'll be the 'go-to' data person for our product insights and create actionable analytics that help us make the most of the opportunities our own and external data represents. In this role, you'll directly report to the Director of Engineering., * Build and grow the entire Data function from scratch.
* Define the optimal data architecture and governance jointly with the Director of Engineering.
* Warrant of the quality of raw data and modelling, Data reconciliation with Single Source of Truth.
* Solve ambiguous challenges by executing sophisticated quantitative and advanced modelling to deliver actionable insights.
* Partner with Product, Finance, Engineering, Sales teams to provide high-impact insights and promote data-driven decision-making.
* Oversee the entire data analytics and BI processes across the business unit - from creating roadmaps to managing and prioritizing daily activities.
* Enforce standard methodologies in developing all analytics tools and models.
* Drive Secfi standardization in the use of tools and database set ups.
* Analyse business and past results and distil trends to improve company performance.
* An MSc in engineering or math disciplines.
* 7+ years of experience in Data Science, ML or mathematical statistics.
* Extensive experience in Python and SQL.
* Experience in leading and building teams (experience leading multi-team structures is a plus).
* An understanding of data compliance regulations.
* An understanding of the implementation of data pipelines, databases and related frameworksUnderstanding of BI and Accounting systems.
* Proven track record in similar roles, in B2C companies, preferably in the fintech industry.
* Exceptional communication skills, understanding business information demands, ability to work with senior management and lead strategic cross-company projects and bring workable solutions.
* Ability to roll up sleeves with the business and drive analytical thinking and metrics
Conditions and benefits
* Competitive salary, retirement benefits.
* Employee-friendly equity plan.
* Attractive and flexible vacation & parental leave policy.
* Company-sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks and team events.
* Work environment designed to help your professional growth (also at home).
* And last but not least, a great and fun experience.
Head of DataPrincipals only. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.