Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
The Intelligence Analyst is a key member of the threat Intelligence team and has the primary responsibility for operational and tactical information collection. The analyst brings together information from multiple sources to derive actionable threat information for use by other security operations teams. This particular role has an additional focus on analyzing regional specific threats and criminal actors in Asia. A significant amount of time will be spent searching local news and researching forums for threat information. From a tactical level the information collected will provide an understanding of the latest tactics and malware used by threat actors that can be directly used by the operations team for monitoring and responding to events.
You are responsible for
- Identification of emerging threats,
- Real-time monitoring of third party security feeds, forums, and mailing lists to gather information on vulnerabilities and exploits relevant to Philips,
- Assessing external events based on factual information and wider contextual information available,
- Producing outputs to provide an accurate depiction of the current threat landscape and associated risk through the use of supplier, community, and open source reporting,
- Produce actionable information for delivery to security operations, executive management and customers in the form of technical reports, briefings, and data feeds,
- Share threat information locally with approved third parties.
You are a part of
The Intelligence Analyst’s primary objective is providing relevant threat information to Group Security and the security operations team to defend the Philips enterprise. To defend the enterprise, the intel team creates and maintains a database of relevant threat information gathered from multiple sources through manual and automated collection processes. This team is responsible for sharing threat information with external entities and represents Group Security and security operations in activities regarding information sharing. This role within the Cyber Intel team focuses on collecting and analyzing global threat information. To be successful in meeting this challenge the role requires skills in the collection, normalization and enrichment of specific threat information in order to articulate all relevant use cases involving risks to the business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Intelligence analysis or research background,
- Deep interest in open source research,
- Fluency or native speaker of Mandarin, Russian and English language is required for this position,
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and (work) experience,
- Good networking skills,
- Ability to work as part of a distributed virtual analysis team,
- Investigative and analytical problem-solving skills,
- Expertise in refining source information and raw data into intelligence products,
- Critical thinking and contextual analysis abilities,
- A basic understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security,
- Experience with analysis processes, including open source and closed source information gathering, source verification, data fusion, link analysis, and threat actor tracking.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.