Junior/Medior Full Stack Developer
Hotelchamp / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Can you imagine starting work every day with a plan to make good decisions with your team, based on arguments and reason? Critique our code if you may, we like it. For people who don't like pointless meetings, these 4 developers at Hotelchamp really make the most use of their time together in conversations - and then work independently, hands-on, in a mature tech environment. Moreover, remote work is the way to work in 2020, not only now with Corona, but in the future too - we only meet weekly, with the tech team, at our office Groningen.
We would love to welcome a full-stack developer to our international team. Someone with wisdom and passion about PHP and Node, since they would be responsible for the backend. We are all full-stack developers and our strengths lie on the frontend (React, Redux, Typescript), where we invite you to contribute too.
Hotelchamp aims to restore a fair balance between direct versus third party hotel bookings, by providing smart technology solutions. Our story started in 2015 and to this day we have become the industry-leading website personalization engine in the market.
You might have heard a lot of things about working in a start-up. Honestly, we are guilty of some of them - free drinks, a young team with funny accents from all over the world, and at least one of our developers has a beard.
So what makes Hotelchamp different from other start-ups? The short answer is: how we treat our people. We celebrate the individual success of each and every team member, we are just as interested in your development as our own, and we will absolutely push you to your limits- never too far. We know that our company is only as good as the people who work here, so we only hire the best and brightest. Because that is what it takes to be a Champ.
Yes, we run digitalization in the hospitality industry even during Corona times!
We are happy with our stability as a consistently evolving company, sailing through these crises sensibly. Moreover, this new way of working is here in place in the long run: location independent, flexible, with great work-life balance. Only once a week or once every 2 weeks, we get together (as the tech team) in Groningen, to put our brains together and take on new challenges.
These are the benefits we prepared for you:
* Working with a tech stack of the latest technologies, with a high level of maturity: PHP with Laravel, ReactJS ES6, Redux, Typescript, Git- all really clean code, with barely any technical debt, so you can build on top of it directly. We think you can learn a lot from how it is set up and structured correctly.
* Freedom to work from home, with seamless collaboration, with one day a week of in-office work, in Groningen.
* A truly multicultural environment
* An open culture: flat hierarchy, warm connections, where everybody has buy-in and no question is stupid.
* Working and having fun together with Santal (the VP of Tech)- you will see how involved he is in the team and how much he likes to motivate his team
* Stock options
* 24 days of vacation, to recharge
* VISA sponsorship (although we can't help with relocation at the moment)
* You like to build REST APIs yourself and teach them to communicate well
* Clean and well-documented code gives your peace of mind
* DRY please (Don't repeat yourself)! For this, documentation and maintenance is essential - about 35% of the work. The rest of 65% is for building features. KISS and YAGNI too, you know it.
* You are fluent in English