Machine Learning Engineer
Geophy / Den Haag (NL)Apply on site
GeoPhy's multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our Data Science team to help develop and productize Machine Learning solutions for automated property valuations, entity resolution, data-mining, asset recommendations and market forecasting.
You will work alongside Data Scientists on model research and development and join forces with data and software engineers to embed those models in production-ready Machine Learning pipelines. You will orchestrate ML production loads in AWS, actively participate in the development of our Data Science computing platform and help us move towards a level 3 MLOps maturity level.
You will join the stellar GeoPhy Data Science and Analytics hub, where you will be able to do all of the above while having a lot of fun with colleagues from all over the world, and have room to learn and grow as a world class Machine Learning Engineer.
The impact you will have
* Build scalable machine learning pipelines to deliver predictions in production
* Collaborate with software and DevOps engineers to contribute designs and requirements for end-to-end solutions
* Work on the development of the GeoPhy Data Science computing platform in AWS, our CD4ML tools and model monitoring mechanisms
* Develop proof-of-concept ML models to solve problems for a variety of data and domains, including entity resolution and linkage, deep learning for similarity learning, and asset recommendation models
* Be a team player and constantly coordinate with other disciplines to deliver excellent products
* Contribute to the Data Science Hub activities, supporting best practices, knowledge sharing and cross-functional initiatives
GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
* 3 or more years experience in Python
* 3 or more years experience in SQL
* 3 or more years experience in PySpark
* 3 or more years experience in machine learning or software engineering and a strong academic background in machine learning or a related discipline
* 2 or more years experience with Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem, along with other big data technologies
* Amazing communicators who can convey the importance of their work to laypersons as well as peers
* Experience using Amazon Web Services
* Demonstrable experience of influencing and driving Engineering strategy
* Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English, * Hands-on experience with orchestrating machine learning and big data services in AWS (Step Functions, Sagemaker, EMR, S3, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshift)
* Experience with orchestrating production workflows in Apache Airflow
* Knowledge of Scala
* Experience in real-estate domain
Conditions and benefits
* Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
* GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company
* We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture
* Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
If you're convinced you are the right fit and you can't wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!