Medior/Senior JAVA Backend Engineer
Media Distillery / Amsterdam (NL)
We develop state-of-the-art technologies that change how consumers around the globe watch (online) television. We provide unique AI technology to understand what’s inside video. Our Deep Content Understanding™ solution generates next-generation metadata and enables consumers and media professionals to search and analyze video content in real-time and at unparalleled scale. Do you want to help us deliver the next ground-breaking innovative AI solutions that will revolutionize the video and media industry?
We believe in a way of working where a small team is responsible for the development and life of a full product. Those small teams have a lot of freedom and responsibility. You build it, you run it.
What you’ll do
- Work in an agile environment in a small team to design, develop, test and monitor and expand one of our products.
- Automate the development cycle and creation of our platform using Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins and other tools.
- Be an inspiration to the team, share your knowledge, best practices and offer guidance
- Closely cooperate with the team in understanding and implementing new features to the platform
- Facilitate the implementation and adoption of new tools and technologies like Cassandra, Elasticsearch and more.
- Optimize our platform for large international clients in the television industry
- Work and preach industry best practices
Who you are
- You are passionate about Java but an all-round developer
- You understand Linux server environments, Docker and Kubernetes
- You are brilliant in using modern frameworks, such as Springboot.
- You understand and have implemented different levels of testing (Unit, System, integration)
- You have a “You build it, you run it” mentality and stay on top of the day-to-day operation of your software
- You are fluent in English and you have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- You have the mentality to fix what is broken and continuously improve. Both systems and yourself.
It would be great if
- You have worked with NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- You have experience with CI/CD, system admin and cloud computing
- You have a master’s degree in Computer Science
What we offer
Besides being able to develop the next generation of media experiences together with a fantastic group of international colleagues in an entrepreneurial startup environment we offer:
- The opportunity to learn and develop yourself in a fast-moving company with lots of room for own initiatives
- An annual training budget to work on your skills or to use for events
- A monthly hackathon during office hours
- Cool company events
- Bi-weekly outdoor workout with our personal trainer
- Everything you need for your home office
- A laptop of choice for you to excel in your job
- International team with lots of growth opportunities
- Travel expenses
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home when needed (also after Corona)
- 25 vacation days
And after Covid 19:
- Every Friday Beer O’clock
- Ping pong tournaments
- Great coffee and free (healthy) snacks
- Standing desks
Of course you can also count on a competitive salary, travel cost expenses, 25 vacation days, flexible working hours and remote working options.