Product Sourcing Engineer MR Systems
Philips / Best (NL)Apply on site
Design and drive the business success of Philips Healthcare. Product Sourcing Engineer is responsible to drive Advanced Development & New Product Development Programs and industrializes the parts and supplier base for the innovation projects and to drive Product Cost Roadmaps for products focused on cost, quality and risk improvements. Next to Innovation & Technology Leadership the responsibility of Product Sourcing Engineer is also to ensure lowest TCO for Philips. Use an end-to-end approach and close cooperation with the R&D and Product Industrialization and Supplier Quality team to ensure customer satisfaction, high product quality, long term profitability, and business growth.
You are responsible for
* Managing all the sourcing engineering activities and deliverables in the Advanced Development & New Product Introduction Programs (AD, PDLM and MLD)
* Product sourcing engineer drives the sourcing plan, leading supplier selection and ensuring adherence to the Business Procurement strategy
* Lead DfX (Design for Excellence) to identify opportunities to improve product quality, improve cost position, and identifies and eliminates potential product risks early in the development process.
* Conduct early supplier innovation events & workshop to bring suppliers earlier in the product innovation process
* Identifying latest supplier technologies and tracking and bringing forward latest innovations from the market
* Defining product road maps and driving improved product performance forward
* Ensures that optimized E2E Total cost of Ownership (cost, quality, availability) are assured in product
* Identify cost drivers to influence design decision making and achieve target costing
* Perform analytics to drive adherence to key performance indicators
* Develop innovative solutions to simplify, standardize or platform components or assemblies across the product portfolio
* Influence design specifications to ensure applicability to broad technology, supplier and part capability, availability, and enable and establish dual sourcing.
* Team up cross functionally internally (R&D, PI and Supplier Quality) and external with suppliers to secure mature, capable and robust processes and manufacturing capabilities at suppliers via DFMAT and APQP process to secure the highest quality standards
* Strong and effective cross functional collaboration with different functions like R&D, PMO, Product industrialization, Q&R, Marketing and Supplier Quality.
* Drive Continuous improvement by problem solving, VSM and LEAN methodology
You are a part of
The MR Systems Global Sourcing Team which works closely in cross functional teams within the business MR and is globally strongly (cross-functional) connected. You will report to the MR Systems Global Sourcing Engineering Director, Opportunity to work in an exciting and growing business and in an experienced and high performing Global Sourcing Team. Be part of a team which drives new and advanced innovative Healthcare solutions for our customers and patients. You will be in the lead to Drive Innovation and Technology while ensuring timelines/deliverables stay on track.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Bachelor or Master degree in engineering discipline
* More than 5 years of experience in an international, technical and procure
* Experience in leading the procurement process in new product development/introduction programs
* Knowledge and application of Value Engineering / Design for Excellence to improve the balance of value and cost to deliver optimal solutions
* Strong organization, change management, stakeholder and communication skills required.
* Project Management experience with the ability to think strategically in a global environment and deliver results
* Cost analysis experience and financials skills in identifying and enabling E2E cost savings
* Experience in driving Continuous improvement and LEAN and/or Six Sigma
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English language
Conditions and benefits
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.