Flow Traders / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Python Developer to join our growing Systems Engineering team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
What you will do
As a developer in the Short Lifecycle Products team, you'll be working closely with our traders to provide solutions when they are needed - as soon as possible!
That means taking a pragmatic approach to software development - it doesn't mean cutting corners, but we favour working code in production over beautiful design documents, and we like getting things done.
Trading is an incredibly dynamic and fast-paced environment, so if the requirements change in the middle of the project, that's fine - we adjust.
We're working on tools that might not necessarily be around in a years’ time but can generate a lot of business value today.
Although primarily working in Python, we are language agnostic as a team - you might be helping a trader with a gnarly SQL query one day, doing post-trade analytics and monitoring in Python the next, and writing a Kafka Streams topology in Java the day after. We're looking for financial technologists that can think creatively about solutions.
- Discuss workflows and processes with trading to spot where technology can help drive efficiency
- Write Python code that will help traders monitor positions, risk, market-data, opportunities and operational performance
- Maximize the use of internal data systems such as Kafka, TimescaleDB and HDFS
- Work closely with other Technology teams to ensure our systems are running to their maximum potential
Some of the technologies we use in the development process:
- Python 3 (Pandas, NumPy, gRPC, RxPY)
- SQL, Java
- Atlassian stack:
- Bitbucket for code review. We do all work in pull requests, which are reviewed by other developers
- Bamboo for continuous integration
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years' professional experience as a Python Developer
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- Previous experience in the financial industry is highly advantageous
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer a competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house bar and lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year, such as the Year End Party that exceeds expectations
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!