Scientist - High Performance Computing
Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Investigate new technologies, apply them and create innovative solutions in areas like image guided therapy, personal health, precision diagnosis, connected care or similar applications, based on your software creation, optimization and artificial intelligence capabilities.
You are responsible for
- Creating value and impact by delivering meaningful innovations, IP, and transfers to the business that contribute to Philips growth;
- Applying operational excellence in execution, working on continuous improvement and focusing on quality;
- Maintaining deep knowledge of technical developments in your field through study of the literature and technical contacts;
- Building new competencies and extending existing ones that have potential to contribute significant value to the business;
- Contribute actively to a creative and inspiring working environment;
- Drawing up your personal schedule and report on progress in a structured and methodical way;
- Representing Philips Research within the company on one or more competency domains.
You will be part of
IoT and Embedded Intelligence department, creates and advices on optimal compute architectures, balancing cost, throughput, latency and location. The focus is on turning novel algorithms and demanding AI workloads into highly efficient implementations leveraging technologies such as Embedded AI and High Performance Computing. The department consists of scientists, architects and development engineers working closely together with application specialists, other scientists and engineers in multidisciplinary teams in a highly innovative, challenging and inspiring environment.
To succeed in this role, you need
- At least a master’s degree in computer science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or a comparable subject; PhD- an advantage
- Thorough knowledge of computer architectures and solid experience with optimizing code for GPUs, microcontrollers and (multicore) processors
- Knowledge of software programming and designing and optimizing algorithms, e.g., for artificial intelligence, data analytics, data science and signal processing
- In depth knowledge of CUDA/openCL/C++ and related programming languages
- Experience with profiling tools such as Nsight Systems and Vtune- Advantage
- Understand real-time and resource constraint system design
- An analytical and abstract mind that ensures you understand applications and technologies in depth;
- A pragmatic approach in doing fast and effective evaluations of technologies and concepts by creating prototypes;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
And preferably you have experience with
- Doing industrial research and working in an academic environment
- Mathematical software environments like Python or Matlab
- Healthcare and/or well-being applications
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.