Scientist - Performance Computing
Philips / Eindhoven (NL)Apply on site
Investigate new technologies, apply them and create innovative solutions in areas like image guided therapy, personal health, precision diagnosis, connected care or similar applications, based on your software creation, optimization and artificial intelligence capabilities.
You are responsible for
- Creating value and impact by delivering meaningful innovations, IP, and transfers to the business that contribute to Philips growth;
- Applying operational excellence in execution, working on continuous improvement and focusing on quality;
- Maintaining deep knowledge of technical developments in your field through study of the literature and technical contacts;
- Building new competencies and extending existing ones that have potential to contribute significant value to the business;
- Contribute actively to a creative and inspiring working environment;
- Drawing up your personal schedule and report on progress in a structured and methodical way;
- Representing Philips Research within the company on one or more competency domains.
You will be part of
IoT and Embedded Intelligence department, creates and advices on optimal compute architectures, balancing cost, throughput, latency and location. The focus is on turning novel algorithms and demanding AI workloads into highly efficient implementations leveraging technologies such as Embedded AI and High Performance Computing. The department consists of scientists, architects and development engineers working closely together with application specialists, other scientists and engineers in multidisciplinary teams in a highly innovative, challenging and inspiring environment.
To succeed in this role, you need
- At least a master’s degree in computer science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or a comparable subject; PhD- an advantage
- Thorough knowledge of computer architectures and solid experience with optimizing code for GPUs, microcontrollers and (multicore) processors
- Knowledge of software programming and designing and optimizing algorithms, e.g., for artificial intelligence, data analytics, data science and signal processing
- In depth knowledge of CUDA/openCL/C++ and related programming languages
- Experience with profiling tools such as Nsight Systems and Vtune- Advantage
- Understand real-time and resource constraint system design
- An analytical and abstract mind that ensures you understand applications and technologies in depth;
- A pragmatic approach in doing fast and effective evaluations of technologies and concepts by creating prototypes;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
And preferably you have experience with
- Doing industrial research and working in an academic environment
- Mathematical software environments like Python or Matlab
- Healthcare and/or well-being applications