Senior Data Engineer (Permanent Full-time Remote work)
Chargebee / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
* Create and maintain events/streaming based architecture/design
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
* Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
* Work with data scientists to strive for greater functionality in our data systems., * If you're interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
* If you're hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
* If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
Chargebee is a recurring billing and subscription management tool that helps SaaS and SaaS-like businesses streamline Revenue Operations.
* Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
* Strong analytic skills related to working with structured/unstructured datasets.
* Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, dimensional modelling, metadata, dependency, schema registration/evolution and workload management.
* Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
* We are looking for a candidate with 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
+ Experience with big data tools: HDFS/S3, Spark/Flink,Hive,Hbase, Kafka/kinesis etc.
+ Experience with relational SQL (MySQL/Postgres) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, HBase)
+ Experience with key/value stores like Redis and search engines like Elasticsearch.
+ Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools like Airflow etc.
+ Experience with any public cloud like AWS services
+ Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming/Flink etc.
+ Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Java, Scala, Pyspark etc.