Senior Data Scientist Financial Planning
Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
In this role, you have the opportunity to play a leading role in developing our financial analytics capability further, working with senior finance & business executives to identify & deliver new opportunities for using statistical models, machine learning & interactive dashboards for value creation and ensuring that your ideas are turned into tangible business results. You are bringing analytical skill and ability to operate in a complex enterprise set-up.
You are responsible for
- Play a pivotal role in understanding Philips’ business challenges and use this to identify & define new analytics opportunities
- Identify required and available data and the statistical analysis techniques needed in order to deliver business insights
- Develop insights contributing to global Philips programs in the financial planning and analysis realm
- Apply analytics to help businesses & markets to better manage their innovation pipeline and market introduction of new products
- Coordinate maintenance, development & deployment of existing analytics solutions in close collaboration with business stakeholders and development teams
- Develop and coach financial analysts and junior data scientists to turn analytics into tangible business results
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across Finance and our businesses
You are a part of
The Digital CoE within the global Philips FP&A organization.
You will report functionally to the Analytics & Tools owner within the Digital CoE. The Digital CoE consists of 18 people with different skills in finance systems and financial insights. The team is supported by IT and enterprise information management teams.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master of Science degree in relevant finance, mathematics or applied statistics domains
- Hands-on experience in at least one programming languages, e.g. R or Python
- Ideally (user) experience with enterprise data warehouses such as SAP BW
- Ideally (developer) experience with enterprise analytics platforms such Azure Databricks
- The drive to establish and leverage internal and external networks to build on innovative perspectives
- The ability to understand an underlying need from an unspecified question
- The ability to proactively apply advanced analytics methods like statistics or machine learning to different business challenges
- A self-starter with approximately 5-8 years of working experience
- Lead project assignments and take personal ownership for delivering business results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to interact with senior business stakeholders translating scientific insights into the business context
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced, international and multi-cultural setting
In return, we offer you
We encourage you to join a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore, especially within the corporate environment of Finance! Experience to be gained in working with highly motivated and skilled professionals in an international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and crafted around your preferences:
- A market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and mentoring
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance discount
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.