Senior DevOps Engineer (Permanent Full-time Remote Work)
Chargebee / San Francisco (NL)Apply on site
As an SRE, you will ensure and be accountable for guaranteeing and delivering top-notch application and service availability. He/She serves as a subject matter expert on all aspects of our application performance, reliability, monitoring and works closely with multi-disciplinary teams involved in designing, building, deploying, maintaining, and supporting our applications.
* Partners with the Engineering & AWS team to ensure software complies with Security, SLA, and performance requirements.
* Proactively seeks ways to enhance Application & Service reliability.
* Remediates production issues adhering to incident response plans, Identifies preventive measures and drives implementation.
* Handles customer escalation diligently and works towards improving customer satisfaction.
* Performs design and code reviews and partakes in software development activities.
* Routinely optimizes Infrastructure workload for better performance, efficiency and maintaining all aspects and disciplines of the well-architected framework.
* Strategies and achieves Site Reliability Objectives to deliver world-class services to customers.
* Designs and builds mitigation plans for various disaster scenarios. Applies chaos engineering to test solutions under real-world scenarios.
* Debugs and provides robust solutions for complex problems. Adopts Industry best practices and solves operational problems through extreme and innovative automation and solutions.
* Builds and improves production monitoring and management capabilities for maximum observability.
* Governs various Database systems, reviews, and validates Database models for efficiency.
* Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation (primary/secondary)
* Technology Stack for this role would include AWS, Docker, Jenkins, DynamoDB, Redshift, Java, Python, Splunk, * If you're interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
* If you're hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
* If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
Chargebee is a subscription billing and revenue management platform powering some of the fastest-growing brands around the world today, including Calendly, Hopin, Pret-a-Manger, Freshworks, and others. Thousands of SaaS and subscription-first businesses process over $4B in revenue every year through the Chargebee platform.
Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, our 500+ team members work remotely and in micro-offices throughout the world, including India, the Netherlands, Paris, Spain, Australia, and the USA.
Chargebee has raised over $105 million in capital and is funded by Accel, Tiger Global, Insight Partners, and Steadview Capital. And we're on a mission to push the boundaries of subscription revenue operations. Not just ours, but every customer and prospective business on a recurring revenue model., * We are Globally Local: With a diverse team across four continents, and customers in over 60 countries, you get to work closely with a global perspective right from your own neighborhood.
* We value Curiosity: We believe the next great idea might just be around the corner. Perhaps it's that random thought you had ten minutes ago. We believe in creating an ecosystem that fosters a desire to seek out hard questions, and then figure out answers to them.
* Customer! Customer! Customer!: Everything we do is driven towards enabling our customers' growth. This means no matter what you do, you will always be adding real value to a real business problem. It's a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of fun.
If you resonate with Chargebee, have a monstrous appetite for curiosity, an insatiable urge to learn and build new things, we're waiting for you!
* A minimum of 48 months experience in SRE or similar roles, with strong exposure to Application development paradigms.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing environment with a desire to learn new skills and implement new technologies.
* High Expertise in AWS Cloud & Services to build, maintain secured, and reliable world-class SAAS Product.
* Experience in the following areas: Cloud and Database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, Backup Strategy, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery solutions.
* Experience in Python/Java and a strong understanding of Unix/Linux networking operating systems.
* Should understand & decode the project requirements and recommend best practices as the project evolves.
* Demonstrated experience in managing Application Architecture and Cloud Infrastructure at scale.
* Hands-on skills in managing Monitoring and APM Tool like Cloudwatch, Splunk, Datadog for maximum observability
* Excellent Communication and Documentation skills to portray the vision clearly and precisely.
Chargebee's business and day-to-day challenges give us ample opportunity to modernize and constantly evolve our Infrastructure Automate workload and adopt cutting-edge technologies. With a cross-functional and dynamic team, the journey towards innovation only fosters a fun-filled learning, friendly ecosystem to strive for excellence.