Senior Director Data Transformation
Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Senior Director Data Transformation, Image Guided Therapy
As we continue our journey towards digital relevance, Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) needs a collaborative leader to drive strategic activities and transformational capabilities around all aspects of data. This includes but is not limited to definition, creation, traceability, connectivity, integration, performance, and enablement for new business.
The Senior Director Data Transformation works in partnership with the Business Data Leaders in both the IGT Systems and IGT Devices organizations to execute the IGT Data Strategy, Roadmap, and Capability Plan. This role focuses on cross-Business and cross-Cluster intersections, interactions with external to IGT organizations (eg. Centers of Excellence, Working Groups, Enterprise Information Management).
Additionally, the Senior Director Data Transformation leverages and builds the IGT Data community, which is comprised of every member of IGT. This community is enabled through organizational expectations, roles and responsibilities across all functions, and the intersection with our Philips and IGT Data SteerCos.
Solid foundational work is in place already, but current course and speed are not enough, as this topic will touch in the end all activities and functions of the company. A strong central coordination and transformation leadership is required, to ensure a consistent definition and execution of the approach to become excellent in this field in an appropriate “Data and AI savvy” way, in line with our published Data and AI Principles and the Philips Business System.
- Carry out a maturity assessment and needs analysis of Data Strategy, including Enablers, Competencies, Platforms and Practices in a number of important application domains
- Formulate countermeasures for gaps, both strategic and operational
- Create the Data Vision, Strategy, Roadmap, and Capability Plan, in collaboration with Business Data Transformation leaders
- As part of the objectives, identify and prioritize carriers to help drive the change after establishment (integral value propositions, architectures, capabilities/skillsets)
- Define objectives and KPI’s related to the Strategy, including goal cascading to Business and Functions
- If required, engage with external advisors for specific topics and external benchmarking if required.
After establishment, the expectation will be that work-streams and capabilities are driven according to execution plans, bringing them to life through staff within our Businesses and Cluster. As the organization and our business transform, so will our data maturity, the role, and the team which supports the leader.
You are a part of the IGT Cluster Innovation team, where you join the LT as a member of the team which is accountable to drive various Innovation transformation activities related to Engineering Excellence, Innovation Excellence, Portfolio Management, Enabling Technologies such as AR/VR, AI, Collaboration Platforms, and Cloud, and Platform Architectures. You will be an active contributor to settling the focus and pace of our transformation initiatives, as well as in looking for the connection points with other staff members who are also driving transformation across our Business and Cluster.
The position is established within the Image Guided Therapy Cluster Innovation staff, with oversight of our entire Image Guided Therapy eco-system, including Systems, Devices, and Ventures. The position will work closely with newly created Data Transformation leadership roles in both our Systems and Devices Business MTs.
The Leader will work closely with the following teams/CoE’s across Philips:
- Information Security
- Solution Transformation
- Data and AI CoE and Digital Research
- Chief Architect Office
- Data Strategy & Governance Program and Steerco
- Other Businesses and Clusters including, Connected Care, Precision Diagnosis, and Clinical Informatics
- Enterprise IT Data Strategy and Governance
- DMEC Insights and Analytics
- Group Strategy and M&A (also linking to the topic of Ecosystem Strategy)
- Innovation 2025 Program
We are looking for
The qualifications and experience we seek from the ideal candidate include:
- Masters Degree in Information/Data/IT management or in a technical/functional/clinical area such as Computer Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 15 years experience, with 7-10 years in Data/Digital Transformation
- Inspirational, empowering and inclusive leadership qualities with strong cultural awareness and attitude of agility
- Excellent structuring, analytics and quantitative skills, and outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Proven affinity with managing complex innovation initiatives in a business environment, leading several professional teams of different technological areas
- Display strong content and technology knowledge, as recognized in the field of digital transformation
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and evolving organization, leading change and initiating the transformation
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements (e.g. CFR 830 FDA UDI Management Systems and related FDA GUDID UDI core data and EUDAMED Database and related device master data requirements and related economic operator requirements) (preferred)
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with extraordinary opportunities for you to explore.
At Philips, we are passionate about our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2030, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating groundbreaking solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry-leading in image-guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy, and respiratory care.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.