Senior Scientist - Artificial Intelligence
Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Senior Scientist - Artificial Intelligence
In this role, you have the opportunity to carry out industrial research in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) field, having a huge impact in improving people's lives. You will apply, adjust and advance the state-of-the art artificial intelligence techniques and use them in Philips products, services, software and solutions.
- Perform independent & industrial research, provide consultancy, and participate/define projects in the area of AI, specifically in one or more from the following: integrating knowledge-based with data-driven Machine Learning approaches, NLP, text generation, developing AI platforms, and advanced machine learning with different types of data such as vital signs, text, images, and health records, by enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing-in new knowledge.
- Craft technologies that ensure proper AI functionality for Philips products and services. In addition, you contribute to AI strategy within the Research program. You have a full understanding of the state-of-the-art and build original contributions. You address important challenges in applying advanced AI techniques and tooling for specific application within healthcare and consumer lifestyle.
- Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects;
- Shape the definition and the strategy of the departments research program;
- Contribute actively to a creative and inspiring working environment.
- The results of your work are adopted by Philips businesses, and are translated into successful products/services.
- External exposure (for example by means of patenting and scientific publications) and external collaborations (for example with universities or in the context of European research projects) are highly encouraged.
You are part of Philips Research, Data Science department: www.research.Philips.com. Our mission is to lead Philips into the Digital era through world-class innovations based on data science. The focus of the department is on applying and advancing the AI and data science methods to extract new insights/knowledge from data. The department builds on several interconnected competences including machine learning, statistics, probability models, NLP, computer vision, signal processing and data engineering. We use the advances in the aforementioned scientific disciplines, as well as new digital platforms to create innovation for Philips businesses by extracting insights from various sources like health records, vital signs, environmental sensors, mobile devices, and social networking sites. The department plays a crucial role in Philips digital and data intensive research projects using these competences.
We are looking for
- An MSc or PhD in computer science or another relevant area providing good foundation in AI, computer science, mathematics, and data science;
- Affinity to the research way of working;
- Proven capabilities and at least 4 years of experience in the domain of AI and hands-on experience with a particular sub-fields such as machine learning, semantic reasoning, deep learning, NLP, or computer vision;
- Good understanding and experience with AI platforms (from data collection via training to deployment)
- Experience with relevant deep learning and AI tool kits;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research;
- Ability to understand and obtain customers user needs and be able to transform those into practical solutions;
- Team worker in multidisciplinary and international settings, able to adapt quickly;
- Curious, enthusiastic, fast learner able to quickly pick up new areas
We welcome you to a challenging, creative environment with outstanding opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very high-reaching and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and mentoring;
- Excellent company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Healthy work-life balance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.