Software Designer Advanced Development
Philips / Eindhoven (NL)Apply on site
Would you be open for a job where you can use your technical expertise in Software Development, to bring new innovations into the hands of medical doctors?
In this role, you have the opportunity to utilize your innovation skills in a field that matters and where your products can make a difference, by helping clinicians to perform a more accurate and precise cancer treatment.
We are looking for a (senior) software designer that can help us in getting these first of a kind products, ready for clinical use. To achieve this, we closely work together with clinical partners across the globe.
You are responsible for
* Developing innovations into first-of-a-kind products, ready for clinical use in close collaboration with clinical partners.
* Analyzing user needs and translating them to system requirements
* Crafting software designs fitting a coherent and componentized architecture
* Crafting high quality working software that conform to requirements with a strong focus on end-users, medical grade quality (QMS/regulatory standards), performance, safety and security
* Testing (automated), maintaining and deploying the software solutions
* Contributing to the overall improvement of the team's software processes
You are a part of
Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide. In 2008, cancer counted for 7.6 million deaths around the world. By 2030, this is projected to exceed 13.1 million.
At Philips, we aim at helping healthcare providers to treat cancer patients. This requires new and smart innovations in solutions that provide a confident diagnosis and personalized therapies.
Based at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, located next to our innovation partner Philips Research, the Philips Diagnosis Solutions Advanced Development team is working on getting the first versions of those innovations ready for clinical use in the hospitals.
Our specific focus is in the domain of interventional oncology where we are working on solutions for a more accurate and precise cancer treatment that improve long-term outcomes while minimizing side effects.
We are guided by the quadruple seek: better patient experience and outcome, better health of the population, greater healthcare professional happiness, at lower cost., Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
We are a small and highly skilled multi-disciplinary team with a no-nonsense attitude
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Has a master education in Computer Science or comparable field.
* Has at least 2-3 years proven ability in C++/C#/.NET and WPF in a technical product environment
* Has a strong affinity with medical imaging and/or medical devices
* Has experience in highly complex technical environments, yet knows how to keep the end user in mind.
* Has excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
* Is self-propelling: has the drive to initiate and investigate things, to build his/her own network and organizes own work.
* Is result-driven, accurate and quality minded.
In return, we offer you
* To play an important role in a strong and focused multi-disciplinary development team in a very dynamic environment, operating in close collaboration with clinical partners
* Opportunity to contribute to the care of millions of people worldwide.
* Very competitive benefits, designed around your preferences