Software Developer - Triton Venture / Philips Eindhoven
Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
Making sure that physicians can truly benefit a smooth interface between MR, XRay and Ultrasound, all in real-time. By building this integrated imaging sources platform, allows physicians to easily and confidently perform procedures with an unrivaled user experience, helping them to optimize lab performance and to provide superior care.
Your success links directly to the physician’s success, being able to treat patients even more accurate in a more streamlined approach!
You are responsible for
- Design; implementation and test of software, for use within medical systems;
- Understanding and communicating consequences of your design on the architecture and influencing design specification;
- Design software on the basis of design specifications, to ensure that the software will be reliable, efficient, user-friendly, easy to maintain and meet the (medical) quality and coding standards;
- Unit integration and unit tests for the designed modules or components;
- Contribute to the quality and maintainability of our software stack, which has to be maintained for 10+ years;
- Perform work in-line with processes / quality system;
- Contributing to the unit interfaces (SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines;
- Initiatives and active participation for continuous improvement and Agile / Safe / Scrum process.
You are a part of
The Image Guided Therapy Systems (IGT-S) organization is responsible for marketing, development, manufacturing, services and solutions in the area of Cardiac, Neuro, Vascular and Oncology diagnosis and intervention. Our customers are interventional specialists operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe. You will join an innovative, exploratory, high-performance, dynamic and culturally diverse team in a venture program, the Triton Venture, part of the Innovation and New Business Creation department. You will be working in an environment where multiple Philips businesses closely collaborate and interact and with active involvement of inspiring physicians.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least a Bachelor degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent;
- + 5 years’ experience in software design and development;
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle: requirements, design, implementation, test and integration;
- Proficient with C++, object oriented programming and SOLID principles;
- Know-how with software development methodologies such as agile (SAFE), scrum and the V-model
- Good communication in English (both written and verbal)
- Personality skills to collaborate with colleagues from different teams/levels and think across functional and Business unit borders;
- Interest in development of software in a controlled regulated environment;
- Nice to have - experienced working in a healthcare product development environment.
In return, we offer you
A multidisciplinary environment where you get to work on a solution that makes the difference in the lives of patients, where you will not only improve your software development skills but also your knowledge within the medical domain of Image Guided Therapy.
Most importantly of course, satisfaction, your work will serve physicians in treating their patients faster and better so they can get back to the life they want to live.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Healthy work-life balance and exciting, international environment at the campus in Best near the vibrant city Eindhoven.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.