Software Development Engineer in Test
Chargebee / San Francisco (NL)Apply on site
* If you're interested in how subscription businesses can get more efficient.
* If you're hungry to give and receive feedback, fully understanding that challenging perspectives are the only way that you can grow.
* If you can bring empathy to problem solving.
Chargebee is a subscription billing and revenue management platform powering some of the fastest-growing brands around the world today, including Calendly, Hopin, Pret-a-Manger, Freshworks, Okta, Study.com, and others. Thousands of SaaS and subscription-first businesses process over $4B in revenue every year through the Chargebee platform.
Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, our 500+ team members work remotely and in micro-offices throughout the world, including India, the Netherlands, Paris, Spain, Australia, and the USA.
Chargebee has raised over $230 million in capital and is funded by Accel, Tiger Global, Insight Partners, and Steadview Capital, and Sapphire Ventures. And we're on a mission to push the boundaries of subscription revenue operations. Not just ours, but every customer and prospective business on a recurring revenue model.
What you will be doing:
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will help take on a variety of technical challenges.
* You will play an active role in building the automation framework that other testers will rely on every single day.
* You'll also work in product code to exact integration tests.
* As a member of our QE group, which brings new experiences, you will most definitely help shape our released products.
* You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and able to work autonomously.
* You should also be excited by technology, passionate about learning, and should view every customer interaction as a chance to create a beautiful customer experience.
* Everyone on our team needs to be creative, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company., * We are Globally Local: With a diverse team across four continents, and customers in over 60 countries, you get to work closely with a global perspective right from your own neighborhood.
* We value Curiosity: We believe the next great idea might just be around the corner. Perhaps it's that random thought you had ten minutes ago. We believe in creating an ecosystem that fosters a desire to seek out hard questions, and then figure out answers to them.
* Customer! Customer! Customer!: Everything we do is driven towards enabling our customers' growth. This means no matter what you do, you will always be adding real value to a real business problem. It's a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of fun.
If you resonate with Chargebee, have a monstrous appetite for curiosity, an insatiable urge to learn and build new things, we're waiting for you!
Come be a part of the Chargebee tribe!
We need a Quality Engineer / SDET who can solve problems through a consultative approach and contribute to continuous product and process improvement. The candidate should be adaptive to a continuously changing and fast-paced environment, be able to successfully multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, fully engaged QA role.
* We hope you have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering or a related field.
* 3+ years of experience as an SDET, developer, or strong Automation Engineer.
* Proven experience creating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation.
* Knowledge of web/internet technologies preferred.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, delivery-oriented environment.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions Efficient note-taking, documenting, and typing skills are required.
* Be able to independently research issues using existing documentation (specifications and user manual).
* Proven interpersonal, analytical, attention to detail/strategy, and creative problem-solving skills.
* The ability to work on multiple projects and set priorities.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Highly self-motivated and directed. Strong customer orientation.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Why should you join the world-class Quality Engineering team?
* You share our passion for quality and reliability and have a clear customer focus.
* You are enthusiastic and possess the talent and if you are willing to accept the challenge, opportunities will automatically come your way.
* It goes without saying that you are capable, motivated, and pragmatic.
* If you want to work for a company that gives you the autonomy to explore and implement new ideas.
* A highly collaborative environment that fosters team spirit and cooperation across the business, you will succeed here.