Software Scientist - Concept & Feasibility IGT Systems
Philips / Amsterdam (NL)Apply on site
In this role, you have the opportunity toBe part of a team that builds meaningful clinical prototypes for minimally invasive procedures. Together you will define new solutions for clinical challenges and bring them to hospitals. Together with the hospital staff you will evaluate and improve the prototypes. You have the chance to shape the future of clinical interventions and as such improve patients’ lives!
You are responsible for
- Software Engineering, with hands on abilities
- Working in an innovation study team, building clinical prototypes, refining them together with clinical customers, clinical scientist, marketeers and business developers
- Creating customer value and impact by delivering meaningful innovations, IP, and transfers to the business that give to Philips growth
- Contributing to the innovation strategies and roadmaps together with management and the business
- Building new competencies or extend existing ones that have potential to contribute significant value to the business
You are a part ofThe Concept & Feasibility group of the Innovation Department, here we create clinical prototypes and invent solutions to the challenges faced in the intervention room. You will be working with highly skilled and specialized engineers and scientists, and collaborate with top physicians all over the world. The study teams typically consist of 5 to 8 people, and work in a flexible way, yet staying in sync with regulations.To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master or PhD in relevant field (Software Engineering, Physics, Biomedical Technology, Engineering)
- Strong analytical skills
- Experienced programmer in C++
- Proficient in other languages and technologies, like python, C#, CUDA, OpenCL is a pre
- Experience in AI, deep learning and related subjects is a pre
- You have been exposed to business aspects like stakeholder management and customer interactions (it's a pre)
- Experience in the clinical domain (particularly minimally interventional treatment is a nice to have)
- Ability to combine detailed insights with a helicopter view
- Both, a great teammate and able to work independently
In return, we offer youWe believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this outstanding opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stake, mobility-focused environment from which to build your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
- A competitive salary package incl. a variable bonus - based on Philips' results and personal performance;
- A holiday allowance of 25 days per year and the option to purchase up to 20 extra days annually;
- An extensive set of tools to drive your career, including a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- A healthy work-life balance.
ContactIf you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Embrace the unexpected
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.