System Architect Connectivity
Philips / Eindhoven (NL)Apply on site
Accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter.
You will contribute to the digital transformation of Philips. Together with our partners, connectivity experts, and other stakeholders you will define the (reference) architecture of the E2E connectivity solutions required for the connected healthcare solutions of our partners. You will drive and support the implementation and integration of the connectivity solution building blocks. Your initial focus will be on BLE/Wi-Fi/Cellular IoT-based connectivity at the device-side, potentially growing towards a more E2E connectivity solution architecture role in the near future.
You are responsible for
* Driving harmonization and modular design of the connectivity solution architecture, platforms and technology choices, compliant with the Philips HealthSuite Reference Architecture, and leveraging common platforms and technology choices.
* Defining scope and problem domain in a crisp and structured way in a multi-disciplinary setting.
* Delivering a consolidated (reference) architecture, balancing long- and short-term views and conflicting requirements, in alignment with our partners and stakeholders. Creating well-defined building blocks and system options/scenarios, choosing the optimal architecture for the customer, contributing to/driving roadmaps, and establishing control points.
* Ensuring solid, up-to-date, and usable documentation of the architecture, using methods & tools for a structured approach.
* End-responsible for the accepted implementation of architecture (including validation and verification), teaming-up for impact, and growing and coaching the teams implementing the architecture.
* Acting within the total context (business, organization, roadmaps, external world, overall eco-system etc.), driving for convergence, capturing/re-using prior art and in- and external trends and remaining up-to-date with regard to professional knowledge.
* Providing the technical input for the creation of project plans, ensuring clarity on requirements, effort, and deliverables, and communicating the technical progress towards partners and stakeholders.
The Electronic Systems & IoT department is part of Philips Engineering Solutions and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). Within this department you are part of the Connectivity group: A group of wired/wireless connectivity experts focusing on the hardware and systems aspects of device-side connectivity in the broadest sense. You will be working together with other experts from Engineering Solutions as well as other Philips central organizations and businesses.
Philips Engineering Solutions draws upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research, and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects. Learn more about how Philips Engineering Solutions fits the strategy of Philips., Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
* A Master degree in Electronics, Electronic/Software Engineering, or equivalent.
* At least 10 years of relevant and proven experience in the hardware/system development of (wireless) connected products and systems, preferably in the medical domain, with at least 3 years of experience as (junior) architect.
* Experience with the E2E connectivity architectures (focus on the device-side) and their building blocks, of connected consumer/professional products or eco-systems, using connectivity solutions such as BLE, Wi-Fi, or cellular IoT (4G/5G, LTE CAT-M1, NB-IoT).
* Knowledge of standards that apply to connectivity (FCC, ETSI, IEEE, …), and standards that apply to the development of electronic systems in general and/or in the healthcare domain is highly preferred.
* Strong stakeholder management skills, able to manage uncertainty and complexity.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills combined with a customer centric approach.
* Consistent track record of applying a structured and precise way of working.
* Experience with working in dynamic, multi-disciplinary and multi-site development teams.
Conditions and benefits
A high tech environment where you will be working in a team of experienced engineers on key innovations primarily for Philips but also for large external companies.
* A competitive salary.
* 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually.
* A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance.
* Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching.
* Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field.
* Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package.
* Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount.
* Exciting, international environment at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.