System Development Process Expert
Philips / Eindhoven (NL)Apply on site
Be a transformation leader, teaming up with professionals globally with the purpose to improve our End-to-End product quality and reliability. More accurately, you will lead a team accountable for the optimization of our standard product development processes based on best practices identified in- and outside Philips.
Are you the global expert who guides Philips teams and organizations to adopt and embrace the Philips Excellence Process Framework?
Do you want to play a leading role to continuously improve Philips's development processes, tools, and methods with the goal to improve operational quality and realize the company's quality strategy and targets?
You are responsible for
* You will be part of the expert team that crafts and deploys the Philips business processes for innovation and product creation.
* You will provide thought leadership and take ownership to continuously improve the tasks and results of the product engineering and application engineering functions in these business processes, such as but not exclusively limited to: requirements engineering, verification, validation, risk management, configuration management, etc..
* You will team up with specialists from other functions to define and establish interfaces between process roles.
* You will collaborate closely with Philips R&D business representatives in a global expert network to collect inputs for any continuous improvements, keep the community actively informed about any progress.
* You will provide direction for future process upgrades, create concepts and gain support for their adoption, and translate these into detailed implementation proposals.
* You will constructively participate in process deployments, in-depth peer reviews on process adoption and assessments of process execution capabilities.
* You will an active member of the process change control board.
* You will participate in related corporate initiatives to improve business process and capability maturities as required.
The Model Based System engineering team is part of our Reliability Solutions department of Philips Engineering Solutions and is a diverse group of more than 30 technical specialists.
All have extensive experience in the field of requirements engineering, model-based system engineering, FMEA's, safety risk management and test and verification. Members of this team are actively supporting complicated, innovative projects for internal Philips businesses, located all over the world., Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
* MSc /PhD degree in relevant area of expertise; e.g. Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems Engineering, etc.
* Minimum 10 years of experience in customer-oriented product development (preferably global) organizations.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a development quality related function.
* In-depth knowledge and track record in implementing and applying concepts in the fields of quality, reliability and problem solving in organizations.
* In-depth expertise and extensive working experience in systems and quality engineering in a regulated context.
* DfSS or DMAIC Black Belt/Master Black Belt, or equivalent by experience.
* Experience in relevant tools, procedures and regulations (e.g. FMEA, Control Plan, APQP, GMP, Design Controls, quality standards) are a must.
* You combine analytical and conceptual thinking with the ability to convert concepts into actions and detailed implementations.
* You can encourage people, lead and mobilize teams, with training and mentoring capabilities.
* A results-oriented, customer centric and result-driven demeanor.
* Communication, organizational change, consultancy skills through all stakeholder levels within the business, verbally and in writing.
* You are a motivated self-propelling person, with determination to succeed and able to lead change.
Conditions and benefits
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long-term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.